Ants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ants!

Has anyone else had any trouble with ants?

A while ago I bought some potting soil for substrate, but now I seem to have found rather large black ants, probably about 5mm in length.

I have never noticed them before, but they have seemed to have shown up in the tank I have built.

The only other thing is that I bought some cork bark from Prestwood's Petzone, could the ants have come off that?

theres not many, probably seen about 8, 5 of which was in the tank. I'm worried they will hurt my T's? Or am I worrying about nothing?

Kain

I've had ants in the past off cork bark, (like thin little black wood ants) even though i poured boiling water over it for a while. don't know how they survived to be honest.
    I now microwave the bark for 20 odd seconds to make sure.

Comment

I'm now currently nuking everything in the microwave..

Ever so slightly peed off now >

Kain

Comment

the only problem I have ever had with them is not being able to get hold of any leaf cutters, lol
        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

These are the little sods! There everywhere!

Are my T's in danger!

Comment

could be either Formica fusca (wood ant) or Lasius niger (garden ant),
            Either of these in any large quantity, i imagin, would be stressfull to yout T's.
            Best to get rid completely Kain.

Comment

Working...
            X