ATTN "Igor" - reply to PM about cyaneopubescens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN "Igor" - reply to PM about cyaneopubescens

For some reason I received a PM from someone that when replied to it resulted in a message that the member didn't exist. I will contact Mark directly about this "bug".

However, if there is an "Igor" out there, who PM'd me and mentioned also being a member of my Arboreal Tarantula Forum, and then asked a question regarding C. cyaneopubescens, here is the reply I attempted to send:

Hello Igor,

Rick West's article on C. cyaneopubescens and its natural habitat in ARACHNOCULTURE 1(1) is the best information there is. I cannot distribute his article in any other format, so all I can suggest is that you order the back issue at http:/www.exoticfauna.com/arachnoculture/order.html. A single issue shipped overseas is $11 US. I highly recommend reading West's observations of the natural history of this tarantula.

But lest this sound solely like an advert I will summarize a few key points: it inhabits the Paraguana Peninsula of northern Venezuela and is found in extremely xeric [arid] habitat. It is somewhat of an opportunistic spider, often seeking shelter in fissures in the dry earth or in silken retreats at the base of acacia and other vegetation.

In captivity, they do well in a warm, dry cage with a small water dish and a 75% peat or coco/25% sand substrate (a "cactus soil" mix is also appropriate). If you choose to create a naturalistic display, plants such as Adenium (desert rose), aloe vera, and cacti/succulents without spines can be used. They are great display spiders not only because of their dazzling coloration, but also because they are not obligate burrowers and tend to stay out in the open.

Best regards, Michael
    MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
    -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
    -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
    | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
    -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

MJ
    Igor has tried to join the forum at least 3 times - every time he has been refused as he has not read the rules on REAL NAMES. He would have recieved the non activation messages which clearly gives the reason for not being excepted.

He has choosen not to read this kind and polite message, and trys to re join as just 'Igor' over and over agian.

Igor if you read this to avoid a full ban (by IP and email) from this site DO NOT REGISTER without using your full name as a USER NAME.

ADMIN

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I'm very sorry for the inconevinience that I made... but my real name IS Igor, I just did not realized that using my surname is a must.
      Anyway, this is a fine way to say hallo to everybody here and especially to Michael for his effort whit this... Thanks!
      Respect

Comment

Originally posted by Igor Vico View Post
        I'm very sorry for the inconevinience that I made... but my real name IS Igor, I just did not realized that using my surname is a must.
        Anyway, this is a fine way to say hallo to everybody here and especially to Michael for his effort whit this... Thanks!
        Respect
        Igor
        Welcome to the BTS forum.... finally hope to see you here for a long time
        Regards
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X