question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question.

Again hi to all. Just got my first couple of slings, and they are very, very small. about 3mm-4mm. Now as a newbie to these little fellows, i wonder if you could help me. Whats the best thng to keep them on,and is it just fruit flies for feeding. Also i have them in little tubs, about 100mm sq.
    Is there a limit on how much substrate i should put in. ect ect.
    Oh yeah they are A.Geniculata. and A.natalensis.

I've got a couple that size. I keep them in small jars with about an inch of substrate for terrestrials and feed them on prekilled crickets. I've never known a sling to refuse prekilled unless its in premoult.

Mike.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I keep mine in film pots when that small, stood up for aboreal lay for terrestrial, a sprinkling of substrate to cover the bottom, and a small ivy leaf for them to web on, I feed them pre squashed crickets
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Film pot or similar container with bout 1" of substrate keeps mine all ok.

You'll find that your slings will burrow at some point (all but 1 of mine have) and I wouldn't recommend feeding on fruit flies alone, I've heard they are not a complete diet for growing spiderlings and can lead to deformed limbs post moult and other such problems.

I fed all mine on micro-crix but found this to be a pain as they die ever so quickly.

What I do now is cut a small/med cric in 4 and feed accordingly, mu slings have no problem eating the dead prey.

Small mist against one side of the container once a week and hey presto, happy slings!
        All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

ok and i thank you all.

Comment

Working...
          X