Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well just like Jo, my spider drought as been broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well just like Jo, my spider drought as been broken!

I said to myself I wern't going to buy anymore until the show, but meh to that :P

Thanks to Lee at the Spider shop, I got me some more slings.

G rosea slings, got 2 of them. I know there 'boring' rosea's, but I think there kinda cute

E truculentus. I have never heard of these before, so I thought why not!

B smithi x2 Love these dudes

So I am like a kid with a new toy today, abit of a proud dad :P

Kain

See, I'm not the only one!

Those E, trunculus are nice little spiders! i had the spleasure to see the other variety adult at Lee's place when I visited a while back - really cool little thing and placid too!

The G roseas are little gems - so lovely to do anything with! And the smithi! Well another little star to own!

Congrats Kain, what's the total now?

Comment

I'm getting itchy purse strings!
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

25 now Jo!

Shudder to think how many that will raise by at the show :P

Kain

Comment

Rosea's boring??? not really !!
          Underated...Yes !!!

Full matured, the colours and irredencent sheen that shows through is very appealing to the eye.

E truculentus....Not a clue...not much on google either, but the picture's that are there show a nice sturdy looking adult.

Comment

I dunno, I always got the impression rosea's are just for noobs like me? That was the impression I got on arachnoboards anyway..

Kain

Comment

I think that as the Rosea is a very good starter T, it has got the "stigma" of being the first, easy, beginners spider.

The standard thing i've heard for years is something like "If you want to start with spiders, buy a chilli rose, you can't go wrong, if you make a beginners mistake it won't matter etc etc etc" Then you can go onto something really exiting like a "such and such" just like i've got"

In my opinion they are a very underated spider, attractive in their simpleness and make for a hardy addition to anyones collection. In fact after 37 years of keeping exotic pets (reps, inverts, arachs, amphibs) i've decided to concentrate on the Grammostola species.

Everybody to their own, and i'm sure if you asked all the "serious" rare species breeders out there, quite a lot of them would have a soft spot for the good old Rosea.

Comment

I agree, and sometimes after feeding everything else in your collection and opening each pot/tank/tub with your heart in your mouth, it's a joy to open the lid of your G, rosea tank and know you are not going to watch your spider do the wall of death around the sides of the tank or try and run up your arm and go for the throat!

They are such sweet neatured spiders but still a joy to own and keep!

Comment

Lol my A avic slings do the wall of death run out there tub and usually up my arm! Always makes me smile.

The rosea slings are just under 1cm in span, so I was worried about what to feed them. I dug some tiny crickets out the tub and gave them to the slings, just as I thought they were going to be too big, bam they eat the buggers!

I dunno, I have kept hamsters, rats ect in the past, but spiders are just something else!

First thing I do when I get up in the morning is check on my babies!

Kain

Comment

Originally posted by Kain Prestwood View Post
                    First thing I do when I get up in the morning is check on my babies!

Kain

Lol, same here.

They're all in my bedroom with me, suits me coz they're the first thing I look at in the morning as I'm throwing on my clothes! Especially when I'm waiting for something to moult!

It's like christmas!!

Comment

Rosises calm and not stomping round doing walls of death to try to escape? God why cant my Shelob be a good girl like that? You would of though as an adult female she would have learnt by now and I really wish she would feed its been about 9 months since her last feed.

Comment

Working...
                      X