G, pulchra slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G, pulchra slings

Will probably crash Lee's site now but...

I know a few of you out there are after a G, pulchra and Lee has them (2cm) on his site www.thespidershop.co.uk for a very reasonable sum of 9.99 (Oops, I just bought me another one along with 3 other spiders! Oh well, damage is done now *snigger*)

Originally posted by Johanna McMullen View Post
    Will probably crash Lee's site now but...

I know a few of you out there are after a G, pulchra and Lee has them (2cm) on his site www.thespidershop.co.uk for a very reasonable sum of 9.99 (Oops, I just bought me another one along with 3 other spiders! Oh well, damage is done now *snigger*)

Johanna I could hug you I have just ordered two lol. I dont think he will have them for very long. If I had more spare cash in my bank account I would have bought more

What others did you buy then? Spill the beans.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

And if I wasnt saving to buy some Custom Aquaria tanks at the BTS show I would have bought a couple as well, ah well....

What else did you order Johanna??

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
        Johanna I could hug you I have just ordered two lol. I dont think he will have them for very long. If I had more spare cash in my bank account I would have bought more

What others did you buy then? Spill the beans.

Elaine
        Glad you got some in time - I have seen so many people after these spiderlings I just thought why not let everyone know via the boards!

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
        And if I wasnt saving to buy some Custom Aquaria tanks at the BTS show I would have bought a couple as well, ah well....

What else did you order Johanna??

Mike
        I agree Mike, if I had more available cash this month I would have bought more but I will now have 2 which is more than sufficient as I currently have 34 different spiders of varying sizes from 1cm to 5"-7" and that's a collection made up of 32 different species!

Elaine/Mike, once these fabby little newbies arrive I will be the proud mum of the following spiders (all are slings):

1 x Ephebopus cyanognathus
        1 x Grammostola pulchra
        1 x Ephobopus murinus
        and finally (yeah right! lol)
        1 x Lyrognathus crotalus

Now the last spider on the list fascinates me as it is quite pricey as a sling but also as I have been unable to find a single picture of one! It's got a very basic listing on www.thespidershop.co.uk at the moment so nothing given away there!

Will be interesting to see what it looks like when it arrives! If anybody can help with an image or care sheets that would be a massive help please!!! Thanks!

Comment

Hi Johanna
          This is the only photo I could find for the Lyrognathus crotalus
          http://tinylink.com/?ctZFfkwcni but I cant so far find any information on them. Its a gorgeous spider. I will keep looking for information for you.

That is some collection you have and nice choices on your new ones, although I had to look them up to see what they were.
          I thought I was doing well with 2 more coming to make 6 total lol. I'm going to have to talk nice to my Dad and see if he can build me a nice unit to put them all on as my computer desk is looking a wee bit cluttered.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
            Hi Johanna
            This is the only photo I could find for the Lyrognathus crotalus
            http://tinylink.com/?ctZFfkwcni but I cant so far find any information on them. Its a gorgeous spider. I will keep looking for information for you.

That is some collection you have and nice choices on your new ones, although I had to look them up to see what they were.
            I thought I was doing well with 2 more coming to make 6 total lol. I'm going to have to talk nice to my Dad and see if he can build me a nice unit to put them all on as my computer desk is looking a wee bit cluttered.

Elaine
            Nice one there Elaine, thanks for that link! i was getting nothing on Google when I looked!

And I know what you mean about the storage, I ended up buying a glass fronted cabinet from Ikea and have my slings in that with a thermostatic heater that keeps the top shelf hotter than the bottom so I have all spiders grouped dependant on their temperature range!

Comment

Originally posted by Johanna McMullen View Post
              Nice one there Elaine, thanks for that link! i was getting nothing on Google when I looked!

And I know what you mean about the storage, I ended up buying a glass fronted cabinet from Ikea and have my slings in that with a thermostatic heater that keeps the top shelf hotter than the bottom so I have all spiders grouped dependant on their temperature range!

Hi Johanna.
              That link I posted is about all I can find. There is no wikipedia entry (not even in Portugese lol) and every site I found had no information apart from telling you they come from India. Not an awful lot of help I'm afraid. I have tried a few different search engines and got zilch. Sorry.

A unit with a thermostatic heater sounds like a great idea. Thanks for that.

Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X