Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim and I am a new member to the society. I live outside Dublin (Ireland) and I am a complete novice to keeping Tarantulas, although I have been doing a lot of reading.
    I have always had a huge interest in them and eventually got my first (and definately not last) Tarantula just over a week ago, Its a Chilean Rose of about 4½ inches long.
    I really look forward to your valued advice and support.
    Best Wishes,
    Jim.

Hi Jim, you couldn't have come to a better place for info and advice on the hobby.
    I've said it before to others..... if you don't know something.....ask.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question (within reason of course )

p.s. G rosea is a nice starter spider...and it definitly won't be your last now you've caught the bug !!
    Last edited by Guest; 18-05-07, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Hello Jim and welcome

I'm also new to tarantulas and started with 1 about 5 weeks ago and now am the proud carer of 7 so be warned, you do get hooked.

The people here are very helpful so any questions you may have will be answered. They have given me all the advice and information I have needed along the way.

Congratulations on your first tarantula. I'm sure it wont be your last

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Hi Jim

Welcome, I started with a G.rosea and now I'm hooked. Mine is about 5 inches I adore her. I also have a B.bohemi sling which is about to moult so I'm on tender hooks at present, but I cannot praise enough this site. Everyone is so helpful and it's really comforting to know that there is always someone at the end of a quick post, who will give you advice.

Enjoy your G.rosea and the forum it's great fun

Regards

Barbara

Comment

Hi Jim welcome aboard

Must be something about chilies, that was my first "visible" spider (my first T was a tiny white knee sling).

As said earlier by Elaine this is a very compulsive interest, less than a year ago i was saying that i would never have Ts in my bugs collection, now i have over 100 specimens

Don't be afraid to ask what may seem to you to be a silly question, if a search of the forum can't answer it for you then ask away - remember there is no such thing as a silly question, only a silly answer.
          Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, sounds like you have a very impressive collection there. Already I am planning my second T. I wanted to get a Mexican Red Knee first but they are quite hard to come by in Ireland at the moment so I went for the Chile Rose instead with no regrets. After reading the thread on how well T's do in the post I will be contacting the spider shop very soon.

Thanks to all for your kind welcome.

Comment

I can most certainly recommend the spider shop.

The red knee is a favourite of mine, i have 4 at differing sizes from small sling to near adult
              Dave

Comment

Hello and welcome. I am also new to keeping Ts and never thought I'd have any in the house, but I had to take my daughters 2 (at the time) in and now the collevtion has grown to 11, (my daughter now has 6, 3 belong to one of her workmates and 2 of which are now mine lol). I bought 2 recently from The spider Shop and found that the service was really great.

And as Dave has already said, don't be afraid to ask as this site has helped me a lot in the short time I have been here.
                B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
                C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -
                L. parahybana - H. maculata x 2 - G. aureostriata
                P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

Working...
                X