hi i am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi i am new

hi everyone, as you can see im stuart and ive only just started collecting tarantulas in january, i didnt no where to put this thread as i
    searched everywhere for an introductions forum.so i put it here i currently keep.
    2x brachypelma albopilosa
    1 x brachypelma bohemi
    1x Acanthoscurria geniculata
    1x Avicularia Avicularia
    1x Avicularia Isla Margarita
    3x Grammostola rosea

and im sure theres another but i cant remember of the top of me head
    i am very interested in arboreal tarantulas and was thinking of getting some of the Psalmopoeus next as i want to build up to getting some pokeys. today i had a very tragic lose in the form of my 1cm sling Avicularia versicolor as an unoticed cricket managed to catch her while she was shedding. anyway i am hoping to gain alot of experience from joining this forum, thanks stuart (p.s feel free to move this thread if there is a correct section for it)

Hello mate. I'm new to this tarantula keeping also. Fun aint it! This is a great site and you will get a lot of good advice.

Comment

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum.
      Nice little collection you have there already, it's bound to get bigger !!!

Comment

hi and thanks for the quick welcome, and yep my collection is bound to get way bigger.i am planning on getting another 5-6 next week im thinkin of getting a few more avic.avics and either Psalmopoeus pulcher or Psalmopoeus irminia.

Comment

Don't forget the BTS show is on this sunday, details of the show are on this forum with directions there as well.
          There will be hundreds (more than likely thousands) of spiders (and other inverts) of all shapes and sizes for sale.

Comment

unfortunatly i live in perranporth,cornwall and at this current moment in time i see it as to much of a journey but maybe in a couple of years i will be able to make it. i really look forward to going to my first insect show and meeting people with the knowledge.

Comment

Nice place, have had holidays in the area in the past, newquay etc.
              Shame you can't make it, but 260 odd miles twice in one day is a bit much i suppose unless you're used to traveling a lot.

Comment

hi stuart and welcome aboard.
                versi are really hard to rear espeshally for a beginner so dont worry. it took me 3 years to get that right and im still learning loads.
                sorry you cant go to BTS tomorrow, its great. im going with my mum and dad. loads of spids there. if you want another versi i can get you one tomorrow, they are only £5.
                sonny

Comment

Hi Stuart and welcome

You already have a nice little collection there. I'm new to T keeping also. I got my first around a month ago and now have 7.

Enjoy the forum, its a great place to be for advice and information.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

thanks for the welcomes again im beggining to feel at home already, anybody know if theres a guide to raising slings around i wanna see how everyone raises theres.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart edwards View Post
                      thanks for the welcomes again im beggining to feel at home already, anybody know if theres a guide to raising slings around i wanna see how everyone raises theres.
                      I havent found a guide as yet Stuart but if it help any I keep my slings in the same conditions as the adults but obviously on a much smaller scale. I have my tiny slings (G. pulchra 2cm and G. aureo 2.5cm) in small tupperware type tubs 2"x 2" and 3" x 2" with airholes, dry substrate, small pieces of cork bark as hides. No water dish but drops of water down one side of the tub every couple of days. They are fed on pinhead crickets and micro mealworms twice a week.
                      The larger ones (3-4cm) are kept in mini Kricket Keepers and my largest 5cm in a larger Kricket Keeper type of tank.
                      All the slings tubs are kept inside a large tank with lid and a heatmat on the back.
                      I hope that helps
                      Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

thanks Elaine that helps alot pretty much the same im doing with mine accept mine are mainly 1cm slings, needed to know if i was doing it right though, thanks again
                        stuart

Comment

Again, hello and welcome to this wealth of knowledge and experience. Like Elaine I am also new to Ts, starting with my daughters Rosie and her Salmon Pink (can never spell the latin for that one lol). My collection has now grown to 11 now, but 3 of them I am just housing for my daughters workmate until he takes them back or they are sold.

At the moment we have

4 x G roseas
                          1 x B smithi
                          1 x B boehmei
                          1 x A geniculata
                          1 x H maculata
                          1 x L parahybana
                          1 x A bicoloratum
                          1 x P canceroides

Welcome again and enjoy your stay
                          B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
                          C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -