B. vagans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. vagans

I was just reading a thread on another forum about hybridisation and someone has posted that most B. vagans over here in the EU are probably hybrids. Does anyone know anything about this?
    The person was kind of saying that unless a B. vagans was bought from a verified source it is probably a hybrid.
    I'm just curious because I thought that once I had a couple of year or so experience under my belt that I would maybe breed from my B. vagans. If the rumour about hybrids is true then of course breeding them is out of the question for me.

Thanks
    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

The only hybridisation i have read about is Vagans / Albopilosa. there was a large thread on the american tarantula society regading these hybrids, one of which had two abdomens and grew to adulthood, don't know if this is relevant here.

The thread got a bit boring as post after post was whether or not it was genuine or the picture was "photoshopped" and not about the rights, wrongs and scientific details. the original page with the pictures was in russian so i've no idea. Mickail Bagaturov posted and said it was real so thats good enough for me. i'm with you...dont agree with it...nuff said from me !!

Hope you find a more specific answer to your question from someone who's more knowledgeable on the subject.

Comment

Working...
    X