Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arachnoculture

Hi,

Don't like posting a thread like this on a public forum but has anyone had any trouble with subscriptions to "Arachnoculture"?

I paid for a subscription via PayPal on 27/04/07 (transaction is complete) but have since not heard anything or recieved anything. I have tried emailing Michael Jacobi via several different addresses but have had no response. I was kind of hoping as he is a committee member someone might have a better way to get in touch with him??

Thanks,

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,
    Don't worry, I think Michael is in the process of sorting the next issue out. I'm sure he'll respond to you in a bit; we all go through busy times. He's not a scammer, so he hasn't run off with your cash

Cheers,
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by anthony k View Post
      Hi,

Don't like posting a thread like this on a public forum but has anyone had any trouble with subscriptions to "Arachnoculture"?

I paid for a subscription via PayPal on 27/04/07 (transaction is complete) but have since not heard anything or recieved anything. I have tried emailing Michael Jacobi via several different addresses but have had no response. I was kind of hoping as he is a committee member someone might have a better way to get in touch with him??

Thanks,

Anthony.
      Anthony
      Michael emailed me a while back, he was really busy with work and other commitments, I notice MJ has been on the forum. I am sure he will be able to give you some news.

I presume its a similar problem we have with the BTS Journal if its between issues and one is looming we tend to wait for the new issue before sending it out.

Don't woory I am sure its on it way.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Nope i have not had any problems with AC, not sure when it is due out though, mine just arrive.

Ray

Comment

Dear Anthony,

First, I apologize for any miscommunication. If you have had trouble with email feel free to send me a personal message through with this site. I use gmail and it has very strict spam filters. You will need to provide your full name. Your username isn't your full name as per the site rules, and your post isn't signed with a surname [Mark will need you to change your username].

Updated information on issue release can always be found on the ARACHNOCULTURE website at http://www.exoticfauna.com/arachnoculture. There is a notice explaining the problems I had in 2006 that affected the timely release. If you started a new subscription, I can start it with 2(1) if you like, which was the only issue that came out in 2006. The new issue - with the newly redesigned layout - is 2(2) and it has begun to ship. Not all subscribers have received it yet. Unlike the BTS journal, which I expect is printed in one bulk printing, my magazine is more of a print on demand publication and I have a few hundred initially printed and then get additional 100-lots as needed. Quite frankly, I am a one-man show with a limited budget and this is necessary until my subscriber base exceeds 500. Issue 2(3) has also been finished and a small batch was printed and mailed to my "contributing editors", but that issue will not mail to the general public until all subscribers have been sent 2(2).

As mentioned, feel free to send me your full name via PM (and don't forget to have Mark update your user name to your full name so your membership on this forum isn't deleted).

Thanks. All the best, Michael
          MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
          -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
          -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
          | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
          -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Michael, thanks for clearing it up I shall look forward to recieving 2(2) when it is shipped. I've sent Mark an email asking him to update my username so hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Best wishes,

Anthony Killick.

Comment

Anthony,

I just changed your username.

Cheers, Michael
              MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
              -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
              -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
              | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
              -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

Working...
              X