Chaco Golden Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaco Golden Knee

Has anyone got one of these in their collection ?

Im getting a couple of juveniles this week as part of a trade for my adult male Avicularia Metallica and was just wondering what sort of T they are . Ive read they are docile and large growing , apparently the biggest T you can get which you can handle safely !!

Any advice on humidity , temperature etc would be nice too

Neil

Hey Neil

I have 6 or so Grammostola aureostriata, and they are fabulous spiders, so congrats! I know spiders are said to have no personality, but these are generally shy, slow moving and very docile.

Set up is dry, so keep humidity down, with just a water dish perhaps, though they will certainly fill this with substrate. They tend to burrow, but will readily use a decent hide instead. Being South American, they prefer warm temps, but not excessively so. Mine are entering the winter cooling period now, and are at 20% C by day.

Big, 'friendly' and fun!

Comment

Mine feeds like a T.blondi, leaping on everything that goes near it. Not really sure about the docility as I've never tried to handle it, but I did try moving it with a pair of tongs to remove some leftovers once and it tried to attack them. It just assumed it was food.
      Though as we all know, every spider is different. Good luck with them, great spiders.
      Visit our work in progress website here:
      http://www.tarantulabay.co.uk/
      http://tarantulabay.freephpbbforum.co.uk/

Comment

I only have a sling but he is a fabulous wee guy. He is about 2cm but pounces on his food like a larger version would. He also moves the substrate around like a little jcb. He has a burrow but isnt in it for long and gets fed up with it and digs a new one.
        I think everyone should have one lol.
        Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

I have two, 2cm and 8cm. (they're both very docile). and two adults coming back to me for breeding.

They're a nice spider to have as they seem to be very consistent in all their habits.
          the larger of my two youngsters seems to have associated the top coming off the tub with food and wanders up to grab whatever gets thrown in. leisurely little fellow he is too !!

i just use a waterbowl for humidity and they're both fine. temp is fine around the 75 - 80 mark, i've found they like dry sustrate like the rosea's, they have a good appetite throughout their life and, in my observations, don't have long fasting periods premoult etc.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-06-07, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I have an adult female and she is a sweetie, never threat postures or runs towards you, and post moult they are stunning.
            Colin, are you having a mature male by any chance??? Can I be cheeky and ask to borrow him please, mine has just moulted in the last couple of weeks.
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I've asked my friend, who's still in Europe doing a bit of spider buying and selling, to definitely bring me an adult pair of Aureo's, Actaeon's and Pulchra's (plus whatever else takes his eye in the grammy world for me)
              If there's an adult mature male Aureo' in my little package when it's delivered, you're quite welcome to borrow him Mary.

Comment

Pics of my new Chacos

They are juveniles , about 3 1/4" long i think and very docile
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Neil Ashby; 11-06-07, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Neil they are beautiful. I cant wait for mine to grow to that size but being Grammy's my wait will be a long one lol.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
                    being Grammy's my wait will be a long one lol.

Elaine
                    You can say that again !!

considering Brachy's growing rates though, i think i'll stick with 'em
                    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I've got two, and they're lovely T's, definately not pet rocks so far!
                      All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

I ordered a Chaco when I ordered my boehmei from Lee at the Spider Shop but he didnt have any left. I was a tad disappointed as it is a beautiful spider but I am still on the lookout for one.
                        B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
                        C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -
                        L. parahybana - H. maculata x 2 - G. aureostriata
                        P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

Im willing to sell one of my Chacos to Helen but im not sure what would be a fair price .

Can anyone give me an idea on what they are worth please ?

Comment

Grammostola aureostriata

i have just got a sling Grammostola aureostriata this morning. i can not wait to see it as i had to go to work i have not had time to have a look at it yet.
                            N. coloratovillosus and G. aureostriata

Comment

Another new one...

I know the thread is a wee bit old, but I thought it is the most appropriate place to put my post.

I recieve my new Grammostola Aureostriata today. It is a Juvi, and not sure if it is a He or She for a bit... but will find out soon enough. Until then, it will be a "She" (nameless as of yet)

She came to me, and I put her in her new (pre-prepared and regulated) home straight away... She spun everywhere and now stuck herself to the ceiling of the cage! (upside down? I've got a good mind and call her Bat)

She is rather docile (I've noticed when taking her out of the shipping container) and refuse to move much for anything really. I've not tried feeding her as we feed all the pets at the same time every day, and hope to get her into the same routine.

I've set up with a Tem & Humidity gauge - Difficulty is of course... during the day it is warm and the humidity is low, at night it is heated and the humidity is higher. Any thoughts on how to regulate that better?

We are first time owners, and we've taken on THREE new babies. So far so good.

Any thoughts, warnings etc would be much appreciated.

R.
                              I am but a mere mortal with dreams of grandeur!

Comment

Working...
                              X