New Arrivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrivals

My new babies arrived a little bit ago. 5 teeny A. versi's I bought 4 and the guy (Howard) sent me 5

They are the cutest wee things ever and I expected them to be running around all over the place when transfering them to their new digs but they were so good and just sauntered in with a little bit of encouragement.

Even at this size, 1cm, you can see the blue and the little black markings on their abdomens.

I'm over the moon. Howard has given me plenty of information as did Mary (thanks both) so I will hopefully be able to take care of them right. I'm still nervous about them though

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Nice additions to your collection, been meaning to get one myself but ended up with a sub adult Avicularia sp "purple peru" from Lee at the show.
    I thought exactly the same and worried a little about the rehousing, as they can be very quick but it trotted in no problems.

I was reading about communities (regarding versi's) and although there were reports of successful setups the general concensus was that they were fairly up the list of "possible cannabilism", had a go with a friend years ago with communities (a. avic's) as they were supposed to be the easiest, but no success and after one dissapeared we split them up.

hope they bring you years of enjoyment (i still might be tempted to get one)
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Colin

I have other tubs setup ready and will split them as soon as needed. Howard said I can keep them together for a little while longer (maybe until 3rd moult) but I will be keeping a close eye on them and split sooner if neccessary. I will let you know how I get on with them.

You really should get some. They are way too cute

Elaine

Comment

I promised myself that i would only have two arboreal display cages and concentrate on my Grammostola breeding projects.

I'm tempted to set up another, though i know what would happen........a massive collection of Avic' species !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
          I promised myself that i would only have two arboreal display cages and concentrate on my Grammostola breeding projects.

I'm tempted to set up another, though i know what would happen........a massive collection of Avic' species !!!!
          And what is wrong with that??? lol.

I hope all goes well with your breeding projects. I look forward to hearing news on how they are going.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
            And what is wrong with that??? lol.
            Well lack of space for one thing, lack of money at the mo for another.

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
            I hope all goes well with your breeding projects. I look forward to hearing news on how they are going.
            Well i've got a (presumably gravid) female G formosa trashing her cage daily shovelling substrate from one side to another.

Young men (roseas) drumming away feeling the thrills of spring, and young ladies of the same species showing a vast amount of indifference.
            (apart from once when a male red colour form had an answer from a normal colour form female, he then proceded to do the wall of death around his cage for about two hours.)

Comment

Ahh now the lack of space and finance I can understand totally

Wow I hope your G. formosa is gravid. That will be exciting. I saw those on the Spider Shop site and was rather taken with them. They look like the opposite of the G. pulchra with those white hairs. Gorgeous T's.

Now the behaviour of your G. rosea's sounds normal lol. Summer time and all those male hormones raging, chasing skirt and getting nowhere lol.

Fingers crossed they do eventually work it out.

Elaine

Comment

The female formosa's a little rough around the edges at the mo (and Fat !!) so she's not looking her best, but the little male is quite a handsome chap and i'm sure he'll get those white hairs in abundance when he matures, I just can't quite get a good enough photo showing the appearence you see with the naked eye. Might have to take him out in the garden on a nice day for some "natural" light.

Comment

Good job with the versis and you know they are in great condition as howard has some great spiders,

Comment

Working...
                  X