To rehouse now or wait??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To rehouse now or wait??

Ok My G.rosea doesnt want to eat right now or since I've got it. Now I know this may be a moult on the way or simply that it is just acclimatising. However this weekend I am in the process of building a permenent viv for the T. But I'm wondering should I leave it in it's current home until it either begins to eat or moults, or should I put it into the new enclosure and then leave it be?

Just to be a little more specific, currently it is just in a plastic tank so the only real dark spot is the provided shelter. The viv I have built is wooden with just a glass front, and also a much longer shelter to provide a true "tunnel" like space. This coupled with the general darker area due to 3 wooden sides I'm hoping will make the T feel more secure.

My Collection: - Support CB

Personally I would rehouse her now, as long as she hasnt started I dont think there will be a problem. The new substrate may even bring the molt on!

Comment

Thanks for the conformation, I was thinking that if it was just a case of aclimatising then the T would be far happier in the new darker enclosure. It hasnt come out of its current shelter for the past day or so, so if it is getting ready to moult will I endup causing potentially damaging stress moving or not?

Comment

Rehousing now shouldn't pose a problem to a Rosea, they're very hardy and forgiving.
        Forgive me if i'm stating the obvious but get the old tank right next to the new one and use a plastic tub or similar to transfer the T across, instead of making it walk over. this will lower the stress of the move a bit more. then leave it for a week or so checking a few times a day for signs of moulting or pacing around at night looking for food.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thats kind of my intention, I'm just going to cover the old shelter so it cant get out, then lift it over and place it next to the new one so it just has to shuffle into its new "tunnel" shelter.

Comment

Working...
          X