Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now theres a crazy thing

Hi Folks.
    Can any one throw some light on what I am about to write.
    I just got in from work, went up to check on my T's they were /are fine then whilst I had my arms on the bench and my chin resting on them I started to ( your gonna laugh at this), whistle in a high pitch and all of a sudden my G sp formosa came scampering out of it's hide right up to the doors on the viv and started to climb the doors on the tank. When i did the same to the G rosea it came scampering up to the doors and jumped at them quite violently I heard it's fangs clash with the glass. It done this twice. My E capestratus never flinched.
    Regards.

H...

I wonder if it could be vibration (due to sound waves) of the fine setae on the legs and palps ??
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

You didn't blow through any ventilation holes whilst whistling did you Harry? T's absolutely hate to be blown on!

My Collection:

Comment

Have you tried breath freshener ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
          You didn't blow through any ventilation holes whilst whistling did you Harry? T's absolutely hate to be blown on!
          Hi Phil.
          I tried it again, this time without the whistle and guess what, your right. I will have to refrain from doing that now. Though it has shown me that it effects different T's in different ways. some are obviously more sensative than others. The G rosea went daft.
          Cheers.
          H...

Comment

I have a juvenile female P. murinus RCF that does the same when you so much as breathe towards her. Mind you, she pretty much goes ape at anything that disturbs her. She's been known to go into a 10 minute threat posture at crickets before finally chomping them

My Collection:

Comment

Ventilation holes aside, i've just conducted an experiment with 8 of my G. rosea using my keyboard with a true sound (sine wave)

Two octaves above middle C caused a reaction with 3 of the 4 males and non of the females, one octave higher and the females were showing "searching" activity around their tanks, the males all calmed down at this pitch.

There was no noticable vibration of the tanks themselves as i taped a tuning fork to the nearest one and this never vibrated.

Comment

This can only mean one thing Colin !

Your keyboard playing is terrible !!!!!!

Comment

Well That throws a spanner in the works. All I know now is no whistling and no blowing allowed in my room. I'm just glad I didn't have the doors open at the time like I usualy do Cause I would have had a rosea hanging off the end of my nose.

H...

Comment

well i play guitar in my room...the t's don't seem to care at all, but i've had my scorps come to the glass and watch me, or try to climb the glass in my direction!
                    i just took it as a compliment, as they weren't being aggressive
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

When I play my bass in my room my T's dont react at all. MInd you that could be because my rig is just too loud to play in the house and I use a Korg PX3B and Headphones!!!

Comment

Mike, I've played all makes of keyboards for some time now, and i imagine korg headers and amps are as good quality

so all i can say is

hhhmmmmm KORG !!!!!

Comment

Well it certainly does the job!!! Amp and Cab models galore along with drum machine and tuner, all a bassplayer can want without upsetting the neighbours!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X