Ordered some new slings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered some new slings!

First time sinc ethe show, I have decided to order a couple more slings for the collection as seeing Elaines new babies..I was getting abit...well erm?? I dunno :P

Anyway ordered a couple from Tarantula Barn, I have ordered

H.lividum - I am gonna regret this probably, by they do look so cool!

P Regalis - A second one, I have a soft spot for em! Hey! can't have too many Pokies anyway!

B auratum - Wanted a one for a while, so decided to push the boat out and order one My Brachy list continues to grow!

Quite excited now

Kain

Awww you big softie you. Nice choices but I'm glad its you getting the H. lividum lol. the B. auratum is a gorgeous T though. BTW 1 pokie is too many lol. Congratulations.

I look forward to pics when they arrive
    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Nah Pokies are ace, if I could cuddle them I would lol!

I think the H lividum will be ok, don't mess with it and it wont mess with you I guess - Thats if I ever see it!!

I have a real soft sport for Brachy's for some reason, not sure why either, but still!

As for the pics..is the pope catholic??

Kain

Comment

Hi Kain,
        its nice to hear of someone who feels the same way about Poecilotheria as I do. They're so cute! Can I just add in something about H. lividiums please. I have an adult female which I have raised since spiderling, and I have NEVER seen so much as a raised fang from her. H. lividium is the same as any other spider, if you give it the right living conditions, feed and water it and let him/her just be themselves you'll have no problems. I admit an adult female lividium can look scary but behind that you'll find a gentle, cute and highly entertaining spider. I've just got a B. auratum recently as well and I promise you will not be dissappointed!
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Sorry Kain and Nicola if I offended you by my comments on the H. lividum and Pokies. It was only meant as a bit of light hearted banter.

I have seen a number of stunning looking pokies and also some gorgeous H. lividums. I'm still new enough to T's to know that I am not experienced enough yet to be a carer to either.

Elaine

Comment

You've not offended me Elaine. Its just that with all the talk of aggressive spiders people miss out, I know you'd be fine with a H. lividium. We all have certain spiders which can be a pain, I have a H maculata which goes for me on sight for no good reason at all. Pterinochilus are the same as Haplopelma, a lot of it is reputation. Good luck with the new ones!

Comment

Thanks Nicola I think for me its more of a confidence thing. Maybe in time when I'm more used to some of the faster one's I will venture into pokies as there are some that I really like.
              Elaine

Comment

I agree with Nicola that alot of it is just reputation. I keep pterinochilus', haplopelmas, pokies, heteroscodra, psalmopoeus etc. and I've only seen threat displays twice from all of them. Once was when trying to remove one H.lividum female from her tank to change the substrate, and the other was when removing an egg sac from another H.lividum female.
                Visit our work in progress website here:
                http://www.tarantulabay.co.uk/
                http://tarantulabay.freephpbbforum.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks Richard. Elaine, try P. miranda if you can get one, they're a little more laid back than some of the others. Also P. subfusca. all the best.

Comment

You have certainly not offended me Elaine, I thought we were just hjaving a laugh, which is why I said I would cuddle them if I could!

I know the Pokies I have already seem extreamly tolerent of me doing maintance. It did crap me up though when the P pedersini decide to take leasurely stroll up my arm while cleaning dead stuff out! I was abit nervous, but the Pokie I think was just being nosey!

I guess it is a confidance thing though.

Kain

Comment

Thanks Kain

My little C. cyaneopubescens still spooks me by how quick she moves. There one second gone the next lol. I'm not afraid of them but will have to get used to the speed of some. Now I understand when someone says they teleport lol.
                      Elaine

Comment

Yeah my C. cyaneopubescens can move pdq! Since the last moult shes decided its fun to kick hairs too!

Mad little thing :P

Kain

Comment

Working...
                        X