• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an H.incei sac going spare?
    Visit our work in progress website here:
    http://www.tarantulabay.co.uk/
    http://tarantulabay.freephpbbforum.co.uk/

Comment

Do you think a few versi slings could go in a tank together ?

They are all from the same sack , would they eat each other or not ?

Comment

I'm not certain but A. versicolour are not communal, in fact in some cases they can be antisocial. There are some Avic species, I believe Avic avicularia is one, which are much more communal. If you ask R. Gabriel he'll give you a much better idea (I wouldn't mind knowing myself).
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I've got P.formosa and P.regalis as social groups at the moment. No sign of any problems. Used slings from the same sacs, 1st instar. They've been set up for about 6 weeks now.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

im really hopeing that if i can get some of the "chicken spider" sling then i could have a really interesting speices to study and document.
            Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
            Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
            P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

I think this is the case with my two pokies. One bit the other. They had too much room and turned them against one another. When I first purchased them I kept them in a little tank and they used to lie together at the back of the tank which was so cute. I have just lost a female and dont know if trying again for a community tank is worth seeing the suffering that she went through. I'm now left with the male on his own in a large tank so I need to get him out of there. Sad!

Comment

i have a community of 8 P.regalis that are all between 2.5-3.5 inch in legspan, so far from ventrally sexing it seems i have 5 males and 3 females, they are in a 24x18x18 exoterra viv and all have huddled together in one corner in a mass construct of web and substrate, they all venture out at night and explore the entire setup but always return to the same corner. once every 2 weeks i put in a whole tub of mixed sized crickets which are eagerly accepted.

so far i have not seen any aggressive behaviour toward eachother nor have any attempted to utalize the extra space and seperate from the group.
                Wayne.

Comment

It is early days yet Wayne. Mine got on fine untill they were 5 inches leg span. Started to bicker and fight at this stage but the female always come out on tops because she was bigger. I didn't think anything would happen to her so I left them together but now I realise I could have saved her. Feel a bit bad but want to try again. I will get a smaller tank this time though.
                  Wayne keep us updated with your brood especially when they learn that they can fight each other quite successfuly. It is sad to see what they go through when bitten.
                  I cant see why they should not be immune to their own venom. Doesn't make sense to me.
                  Good luck with your spiders. Lisa

Comment

From my experience,pokies are fine together until they mature....then it all changes for the worse.
                    In my communes,I found that a male will mature first and then start bullying the rest.After I have removed him,for obvious reasons,the next male to mature takes over and so the cycle continues.
                    I have always ended up with just one pair out of every commune living together.
                    Just hope the rufilatas I now have are not like regalis or fascaitas.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ Vezino View Post
                      Check this out:
                      An awesome communal setup for Holothele incei
                      http://www.arachnofreaks.com/forum/f...TID=3325&TPN=1

Dear god, its amazing lol....i personally would never have thought of trying something on such a large scale. I hope that they keep up the observations and are able to write reports on the general behaviour of the adults mixing with younger generations in such close confines. Having said that though, a tub of crickets a week all in different sizes...that must cost an arm and a leg unless they breed the crickets themselves lol
                      Tarantulas kept:
                      0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Working...
                      X