Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried About Nothing?

I'm becoming abit paranoid I think.

Firstly at the show I bought some little containers for spiders, there like see through ice cream tubs that have a large opening on the one side, and a small opening on the other - I think there really good. One of them houses my Juvi B smithi. I'm now feeling abit sorry for her, as shes keeps reaching out through the little air holes like she doesn't want to be in there. Shes probably just wondering what the holes are, but it looks like shes waving her legs about yelling 'Let me out!' Is she ok? Or is she just exploring.

The 2nd problem, which is probably me being really paranoid...

My P regalis has been very very restless the past few days. She has been extremely active webbing and stomping about like a woman possessed. I have just seen her flip over onto her back and now shes lay there waving her legs about. She hasn't been eating for a week or so..I presume shes about to molt. Having never seen one actually flip over, it's quite alarming, especially after seeing my poor P. fasciata have them awful fits and die..

I'm going to be grey by the time I'm 25!

Kain

Hi Kain

1st, I, and a lot of others keep their T's in those "ice cream containers", i don't find anything wrong with them and occasionaly i see a little leg appear through the vents so don't worry there at all.

2nd It looks as though you're going to get first hand experience of a moulting T, get your camera ready mate !!!

Colin

25 ???? nope, can't remember that far back !!!!!!
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Colin

You have put my mind at rest mate

Kain

Comment

I really dont think its molting, its waving its legs about like mad.

I will see if I can get a vid

Comment

It sounds like an impending moult Kain. Get the camera ready

Good luck
          Elaine (who wishes she could be 25 again but long past that now)

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

I certainly don't think its a molt anymore

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

What do you think?

Kain

Comment

some of mine have shown similar behaviour when moulting Kain,

They seem to wave around like that sometimes, my daughters G. rosea was twitching quite severely at one point of the moult

Comment

Its going absolutly mad at the moment.

Its no longer lying on its back, its kinda leaning on its back up against a piece of cork bark.

Really looks like whatever the P fasciata had..

Kain

Comment

Cover it up so it's nice and dark in there, and don't keep peeking at it to see if it's OK would be my advice. The less disturbance the better.

You'll more than likely find it freshly moulted in the morning.

My Collection:

Comment

Hi Kain

Hope your P.regalis is ok, hopefully it will be a successful moult fingers crossed.

Have I missed something! What happened to your P.fasciata? I was looking for a previous thread, but could not find anything. (or am I just blind ).

Hope all is ok

Barbara

Comment

Good solid advice from Phil there.
                      Got my fingers crossed too mate.

Comment

It's currently in a dark place, just checked on him now and its still not right

It ain't as bad as the P fasciata was, but it's definitely the same condition from what I can tell. I have no idea what it is or why it happens. I did think perhaps it's the way I keep the Pokies, but my P pederseni is fantastic.

Interesting indeed. Perhaps I am not ment to keep Pokies I feel pretty much like crap atm.

Barbra, the P fasciata died after having some kind of fit where the one side of the body was like in spasm and the T lost all balance etc. I said it resembled a stroke.

I guess I'm going to loose her, but perhaps I'm being pessimistic.

Kain

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Kain, thanks for letting me know. I know how distressing it is when you have to just watch,you feel so helpless.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Hope all is ok. Keep us informed.

Regards

Barbara

Comment

A bit of an update.

She doesn't seem so bad this morning. I gave her a good sprey last night and left her in a dark, warm spot.

This morning she doesn't seem so wobbly on her legs. Perhaps the tank was abit dry? Shes not sunken or anything like that though.

Hmm..

Kain

Comment

That's great news Kain, sounds like she's on the mend. Hope she continues to improve, soon she's be eating again and back to her old self.
                              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X