Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a definite MOULT !!!

Hi All

Well I know it's odd !!! Came home from work today and check on my little darlings as you do, and my little B.bohemi is on his back !!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot understand this, he moulted on the 20th May and its only 4 weeks and five days since that moult. Has anybody else had a similar experience? Most people I have spoken too have said it should not be happening so soon after the last moult.

Needless too say I am now worrying incase he does'nt make it through.
    I'll check him later and give you all an update. Fingers crossed.

Barbara

Hope its ok

Comment

i guess these things happen! my little G Rosea's are also meant to be slow growing, and yet they moulted twice in fairly quick succession...so maybe it's not unheard of!
      hope yours is alright, though!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Barbara
        Good luck with the moult. Everything crossed here

I have the worst memory so could you remind me how big your B. boehmei is? If still a sling then 4 weeks or so is about normal but I thought the moults were spaced further apart when they got bigger.

Maybe some of the more experienced keepers can explain for us.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Thanks Abi and James will keep you posted.

Elaine Hi, don't worry I can never remember things either!! When I bought him he was a tiny sling about 1.5cm, after the last moult I'd say he was 2cm maybe a little bigger (difficult to say little bugger hasn't been out of his hide much!!)

Oh well that makes me feel alittle better maybe if he's still quite small its normal. I can't belive I'm so stressed out over a 2cm spider my family think I'm bonkers and too think I've got my eye on another one at my local pet shop!!!

Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara
            At 2 cm the moulting is normal at around 4 weeks or so. Phew what a relief. Let us know how the little guy gets one. It doesnt take too long when they are that small.
            You are normal too I also worry about them especially the ones that are that small. I have a few 1cm slings and I'm forever checking they are ok.
            Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I feel alot better now.

Will keep you all posted

Barbara

Comment

Hi All

Just to let you all know, successful moult completed. I am so relieved !!

Thanks for all your replies it is so reassuring to have friends on this forum that you can get advice and reassurance with just the click of a button.

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, A MILLION TIMES

Barbara

Comment

I dont know, go out fishing and when I get back I see its all happening here!!! Congrats on the successful molt.

After getting back, just checked on the kids and my C. fasciatum has molted again!!!

Comment

Congratulations Barbara and you too Mike, i just came home to 3 moults today, it must be a full moon or something

Comment

congratulations to all! glad everything came out ok
                      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Glad All went well with the moults. Had a bit of an interesting time myself recently. At the beginning of the month one of my Koh Samuis died in a moult, then I go off to hospital for an op and when I get out my Stromatopelma has moulted beautifully! what amazing spiders they are. Then the day after my Aussie Phlogius dies of old age (now with Ray G. for study). So last night I've been buying again, I think I've earnt it after this month! Whew!
                        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                        X