New arrivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arrivals

I just took delivery of 3 Yamia sp. "Koh samui" slings (thanks Layla) and have them safely transfered to their new homes. They are so tiny and way too cute I'm well chuffed.
    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

woo lovely Elaine were they your prize ?

ive been waiting by my window for the last 3 hours for my Blondi !

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Ashby View Post
      woo lovely Elaine were they your prize ?

ive been waiting by my window for the last 3 hours for my Blondi !
      Thanks Neil

Yes these were my prize. I decided on the Yamia's instead of the H. maculata's because I'm a total coward lol. I'm really pleased with these little guys though.

I hope your T. blondi arrives soon

Elaine

Comment

Nice new additions Elaine.

We decided to rehouse one of our 'unknown' Ts yesterday (one of my bright ideas lol). Luckily my husband has nerves of steel because she almost escaped 3 times in the process, whilst my daughter and I were both bags of nerves. This T I later discovered is more than likely an adult female H. maculata who is very very fast indeed, and very beautiful.
        B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
        C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -
        L. parahybana - H. maculata x 2 - G. aureostriata
        P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
          I just took delivery of 3 Yamia sp. "Koh samui" slings (thanks Layla) and have them safely transfered to their new homes. They are so tiny and way too cute I'm well chuffed.
          Elaine
          They're so cute...your making me broody for more T's now lol.*goes to look on online shops* lol

Comment

Thanks Helen

I think I would have been the same as you and your daughter when transferring an H. mac

Abi, have fun shopping for more. We told you it was an addictive hobby

I have also ordered 2 A. braunshauseni slings which should get here late next week. Its nearly as exciting as a successful moult

Elaine

Comment

Very cute sling, tried to look this guy up on the net and there little to no info for this kind of T...anyone know much about them? temperament for example?

Comment

brilliant Elaine!
                Koh Samuis are fantastic little spiders. Theres a bit of a funny story I was told about them actually, though others can confirm whether I've got it correct or not (bad memory). They were originally found by S. Mackintyre and his wife on the island of Samui just off Thailand (I know that bit is true as I've had the good luck to meet and speak with them both, great people). Anyway these spiders came back and were originally thought of as being juvenile Ornithoctonus. That was until one day somebody who had one (I think Ray G.) found one of his little juveniles had laid an egg sack! Now they are a recognised dwarf species, and in my opinion one of the cutest spiders I have ever seen. I lost one of mine in a moult at the begnning of June and I've just bought another to replace her, the first time I've ever done that with a tarantula. Everyone should own a Koh Samui. Great choice Elaine
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by colin haris View Post
                  Very cute sling, tried to look this guy up on the net and there little to no info for this kind of T...anyone know much about them? temperament for example?
                  Thanks Colin
                  There isnt very much information to be found about these guys but info from the breeder states that they are very fast but dont seem to be either defensive nor aggressive. Size wise, they are only little growing to approx 1 - 1.5 inches for male and 2 - 2.5 inches for female.

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                  brilliant Elaine!
                  Koh Samuis are fantastic little spiders. Theres a bit of a funny story I was told about them actually, though others can confirm whether I've got it correct or not (bad memory). They were originally found by S. Mackintyre and his wife on the island of Samui just off Thailand (I know that bit is true as I've had the good luck to meet and speak with them both, great people). Anyway these spiders came back and were originally thought of as being juvenile Ornithoctonus. That was until one day somebody who had one (I think Ray G.) found one of his little juveniles had laid an egg sack! Now they are a recognised dwarf species, and in my opinion one of the cutest spiders I have ever seen. I lost one of mine in a moult at the begnning of June and I've just bought another to replace her, the first time I've ever done that with a tarantula. Everyone should own a Koh Samui. Great choice Elaine
                  Thanks Nicola
                  Fabulous story to go along with the species lol.
                  Elaine

Comment

aww there so cute and pretty lil spidys elaine

Comment

Originally posted by andy hood View Post
                      aww there so cute and pretty lil spidys elaine
                      Thanks Andy

I thought my A. genic sling was small until I started unpacking this trio

They are happily munching on cricket legs at the moment and settled in.

More pics as they grow or for no reason
                      Elaine

Comment

there real tiny are thay?? i got a cyriocosmus sp boliva sling through the post today from the spidershop, its real tiny!! (i no there a dwarf sp)

Comment

Working...
                        X