my chile rose just ate but hes did some think weard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my chile rose just ate but hes did some think weard

hi my Chile rose just eat for the first time me seeing it, but for ages hes keeped them in his mouth then i dropped them in a bundle and rudded his sorry left book in car the bit that prowjoces the web. a few times then put them back in is that normal or is there a problem thanks

Not sure what your trying to say..

If I am right your asking if its normal for a T to web its food - If so then yup, My G rosea does it too. No idea why though lol

Kain

Comment

Yep completly normal. They will grab their prey until it's dead, drop it, put a bit of web over it then pick it up again and eat it. Perhaps it helps keep averything in a neat and tidy package and prevents any bits being dropped.
      Visit our work in progress website here:
      http://www.tarantulabay.co.uk/
      http://tarantulabay.freephpbbforum.co.uk/

Comment

I've never seen that, wow! Then again I haven't got a Grammastola.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Yea most of my south american T's do this to stop the food item breaking up and falling in bits on the food mat. After the T has finished its meal, it also helps to form the bolus ( prey parts not eaten ) to be discarded in the corner for me to collect.

Comment

also if you feed several small items to a largeer T it will catch them and bind them into a ball to eat.
            Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
            Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
            P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

dose a T have a favorite food as to day i put some more meal worms in and hes eating them can i over feed him or will he not be bothered by them when hes full ?

Comment

my chilli rose's just pounce and devour...strange...
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by scotttaylor View Post
                  dose a T have a favorite food as to day i put some more meal worms in and hes eating them can i over feed him or will he not be bothered by them when hes full ?
                  It is possible to over feed T's. They don't know when to quit eating since int the wild they're not sure when their next meal will be. A couple of crickets a week will be fine until the abdomen is larger than the thorax. At that point, two things are going to happen. If the abdomen shrinks, you feed it more to get it back up and plump or the abdomen doesn't shrink and it turns dark, ready for a molt. It is possible to cause the T molting and minouvering problems with over feeding so be aware that you are completely in control of your T's health.

Jeremy
                  Missouri Tarantula Group

Comment

i put in a cricket to last nite and he has webbed it and is guarding it like a good boy, at first i throat some think was wrong when i sore some think by its leg then i worked out that it was his food lol, i am guessing that Ts take a long time to get staled in there new home as i have had him for over 13 weeks and this is the first time he has done this or let me see him eating (the meal worms),
                    i have the humidity right but i fined it hard not to have the substrate very dry i now they like it dry but is very dry is there any think i can do i spray the water from the top where it is meshed as when i have done it from the doors he runs for cover and i don't wont to stress him thanks

Comment

Hi Scott
                      I found that a couple of mine took a while to settle in but all are fine now. Its great when you get so see them eating for the first time

If it help, all my Grammy's and Brachy's prefer things dry. I dont spray but they do have a water dish which is kept full at all times. The only T's I spray the habitat for are the ones that prefer higher humdity otherwise a water dish works fine.
                      Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

thanks i have noticed that he has be drinking more, i take it that it is best that i Waite for him to eat the food and them move a way from it.
                        im glad hes happy i had a very bad shock with my arifce praying mantis it (dont now sex yet lol ) fell off the top off his lid and i hat to pick him up and after 20mins of trying to get him to re attach and him falling less than a mm back in to my hand i got him to attach to the branch with a clean jay cloth on it for it to fall off i went to pick it up and it ran up the side of the tank and i mean ran holding on there, i didn't sleep at all last nite scared i would wake up and it well named it Jane after my girl friend but look OK and its moving slowly with his enteniy and bobs his back so im feeling better

Comment

Its good that he is drinking and eating well. I usually clean up food items the day after they have been fed and give fresh water every second day so I would put a water dish in when you are cleaning out the left over bits of food.
                          I hope your mantis is ok.
                          Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X