hello every one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello every one

just wanted to say hi as im new to the forum,i currently own an avic avic and today just bought a p.regalis(fast as lightning)
    mike

Hi Michael, and Welcome to the madhouse. And another person up North I see!!! Excellent.

P. reglis as a second T eh??!! They are a tad fast arent they? I only see my adult female for a few seconds a week as she drags the locust down the cork bark!!!

Comment

yes they sure are,it was in a tiny kk and i placed it in the larger enclosure i set up for it and removed the lid, it was out the old one and on the side of it in a blink of an eye.really suprised me how quick it moved
      mike

Comment

The one that I would say is faster in an OBT, P. murinus. When she comes out at night Im sure shes tryin to break some kind of lap record!!!
        And the H. lividum can move aswell.

You can see my P. regalis and H. lividum here.

Andbelieve me, it wont be long before you have 15 Tarantulas!!!
        Last edited by mike halewood; 08-07-07, 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

lol ive got the video of you h.lividum on my myspace page for people to watch ,lol i had no idea its yours hope you dont mind,yea im sure your right about the 15 t's.theres a few that have caught my eye already but not sure if im experianced enough to own them,saying that buying the regalis has thrown me in the deep end
          mike

Comment

lol nice one. I havent even put it on mine yet, I really must update that. I've shown that vid to a few people I know and the singer from my band actually spilt a pint of water over himself he jumped that much!!

Im on www.myspace.com/mikehalewood feel free to ad me.

Mike

Comment

ive sent you a friends request on myspace.in your personal experiance is the regalis better temprement,than the lividum.ive always wanted a cobalt but not sure if im experienced yet.
              mike

Comment

TBH In my limited experience every T beit a B.smithi or H. lividum can have the aggressive/defensive ones. The only one of the T's I've got that has ever given me any attitude is my L. parahybana!!!

My lividum was possibly the most docile T (at the time) that I've transfered. I put the tub in the tank loosened the lid then used 12" tweezers to remove the lid and coax the T out of the tub it came it. No probs at all. When it comes to moving again, I would use the coke bottle method.

Its a pity Johanna wasnt still frequenting the boards, she'd only been keeping T's a short time and had alsorts of aggressive/defensive T's. A bit of planning, being careful and expecting the unexpected and you'd be ok.

Comment

ok thanks,mine are housed in the exo terra plastic tanks at the mo till i have some custom aboreal glass tanks built for them.theres no way the regalis can escape providing i dont leave the lid open is there,my mrs is concerned as she knows the venom in these is slightly more potent than most t's and concerned for our son who is 1 and a half.i keep telling her as long as its not left open by accident theres no chance and when the glass tanks arrive theres even less chance.can any one ease her mind and provide an honest oppinion
                  Last edited by michael mcmahon; 08-07-07, 09:21 PM. Reason: added more
                  mike

Comment

As long as lids are kept snapped shut you sould be ok. The tank my regalis is in has a glass lid that just sits on 2 ledges, but I added some velcro straps just as a precaution.
                    My T. blondi, L. parahybana and N. chromatus are all in the plastic exo terra faunariums and are fine.

HTH

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
                      As long as lids are kept snapped shut you sould be ok. The tank my regalis is in has a glass lid that just sits on 2 ledges, but I added some velcro straps just as a precaution.
                      My T. blondi, L. parahybana and N. chromatus are all in the plastic exo terra faunariums and are fine.

HTH

Mike
                      thanks alot mate for all your help and advice
                      mike

Comment

Working...
                      X