Feng shui G.Rosea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feng shui G.Rosea

Ok Have had my g.rosea subadult now for a month and a half. In that time it hasn't eaten once, and would run away from any food item large or small. The bunch of locusts the shop guy gave me for free with the spider died of natural causes. However today I finally got around to putting in a nice desert scape viv backing just so I wasnt looking in on a bare wooden enclosure. Just for chance I also picked up 4 locusts and threw one in about half an hour after fixing the backing and placing the T back inside.

Bear in mind this is wide open daylight too. The T hadnt retreated into it's burrow upon being placed back into the enclosure, and within about 5 seconds or so of the first twitch from the locust it was pounched upon and dealt with a feeling of high distain. Who say's T's don't have feelings and like nice apartments??

Ok sure we all know that any T can go off food and g.roseas being sometimes oddest of all, but it was funny to see it for nearly two months turn down food until I put up some "wallpaper"

My Collection: - Support CB

Perhaps it's like a Kebab? - ordinarily you would never buy one - but now and again and usually after a night out- you just fancy one!
    Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

Originally posted by J M Clegg View Post
      Perhaps it's like a Kebab? - ordinarily you would never buy one - but now and again and usually after a night out- you just fancy one!
      lol

TBh G. roseas are famous for odd eating habits. My rosea fasted for 3 months, I was convinced she was pre molt but kept offering once a week just in case. After 3 months she started pouncing on hoppers like they where going out of style, and still is!!

Comment

lets face it, tarantulas have feelings too! Put some moss and bark in there, give the little thing a plant or two. Show some consideration for goodness sake!
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Oh, and they like a bit of telly!
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

lol!
            well one of my rosea's hid for ages without eating. i've finally seen her now, assuming it's a she, and she's quite thin, but given the chance, she pounced on a cricket pretty quick, once she'd finally emerged from her hide. i'll be giving her another tonight...time to fatten up a bit!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X