Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male smithi

Hello everyone,

I have a mature male B.smithi I would like to sell for about £30. I've never shipped off a tarantula before, so I don't know how to go about this, but he's much better off with someone who can find him a mate.

Thanks,

~Chris

Hi Chris,

I could be interested, can you tell me the leg span? When did he mature? And where abouts are you in the country?

Lastly would you be up for a trade, or is it cash only?

Cheers

Mike

Comment

lol Mike

I saw the thread and thought ......... i bet Mike replies first to this thread

Comment

lol you know me so well!!!

If I can breed my smithi, and it goes ok I have certain other females that I want to breed!!!!

Im also at the stage that Im planning an out building specifically for breeding T's......

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Ashby View Post
          lol Mike

I saw the thread and thought ......... i bet Mike replies first to this thread
          You and me both Neil, we'll have to call him Mr. Smithi from now on eh?

Mike, go for it !!!
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
            You and me both Neil, we'll have to call him Mr. Smithi from now on eh?

Mike, go for it !!!
            lol, I like that. Mr smithi it is then!!!
            A few of my mates already call me spiderman!!! Ofcourse it doesnt help that I have the spiderman theme as my ring tone!!!

Breeding my smithi is just testing the water, if all goes well I have my OBT, H. lividum, P regalis and GBB to breed next!!!

BTW Colin the scorp fed last night!!! IT was incredible to see.

Comment

I believe Mr. smithi has a legspan of around 5-6 inches and he matured about a month ago. He has created a sperm web and I think he has finished doing his thing and is now looking for a mate. I'm a little concerned since his abdomen has shrunk significantly since his ultimate moult (and he's dumped tons of substrate in his water dish).

I live in south Bristol. I think the trickiest part will be getting him to his said destination. I know there are a few other spider enthusiasts around Bristol. Perhaps we could meet somewhere around the city centre (or anywhere spider entusiasts meet around Bristol)? Or you can use the Royal Mail special delivery if you prefer.

Thanks,

~Chris

Comment

Well I livein Lancashire so meeting up would be a problem but if you dont mind posting I could be interested.

Would you be interested in trading for him?

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
                  Well I livein Lancashire so meeting up would be a problem but if you dont mind posting I could be interested.

Would you be interested in trading for him?

Cheers

Mike
                  Yes, I would be interested in trading for him, but unfortunately I don't have a tank set up for any new arrivals (Mr. smithi's tank is a bit messy). I could buy a brand new tank though and set that up, but it might take longer.
                  What spider would you like to trade?

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
                    BTW Colin the scorp fed last night!!! IT was incredible to see.
                    Total different experience watching them feed isn't it, mind you they're a bit messy with food bits at times so get some woodlice in there if you haven't already.

Glad you're happy Mr. Smithi.

Colin

p.s. fishing, remember fishing !!!!!

Comment

Ah fishing, we will have to arrange that.....

I presume woodlice wouldnt harm the scorp at this size??

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Fishing....yes definitely
                        Woodlice...no, they wont bother it at all

Comment

Working...
                        X