Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female?

Hey up,

My B emilia has finally shed this morning, after what seemed a very long premoult and what looked like a difficult molt 9well it looked difficult as shes did it the right way up in her 'dent' shes dug) but shes come out of it all fine.

Anyway I'm trying to learn this sexing lark! Now I manged to get the skin out the burrow but partly destroyed the rear end when opening it up.

I think shes female

I think I can see the little flap.

I think the B emilia is as beautiful as the B boehmei. Mines got such a great temperament, I have never seen her flick hairs or even get annoyed!

Kain

Any ideas at all?

Comment

I'm not sure but I see nothing that indicates female so I'm going to say male.
      Missouri Tarantula Group

Comment

Just been confirmed as a female on arachnoboards.

So I'm happy.

Kain

Comment

Kain , i would also say its a male but im no expert mate !

Comment

Heres a better picture.

Tried shining a light through it too, and you can see the shadow of the flap too :S

Kain

Comment

Sorry mate but that still looks male to me !

males do have something similar to the "flap" but not as pronounced

Sorry

Comment

Kain, how big is this one now? May still be a little small to say for sure.

Mike.
                www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Well, congrats but I'm still not sure. I have thought a piece of folded skin was a flap and it turned out to be male. I'm just not seeing the spermithicae (spelling) that a female will show. A lot of it has to do with the pic. I have a good camera and I have a real hard time getting close enough to see the spermithicae, if it's there.
                  Missouri Tarantula Group

Comment

Hi Mike

Shes 2 1/2 inch, pushing on 3 inch or there abouts.

Kain

Comment

Still a little small to say for certain I think Kain, but as others have said I would go with male I'm afraid.

Mike.
                      www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Little bit small as others have said but it's looking Male to me too mate.

as always though with pictures, could be wrong!!

Colin
                        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Ahh man...

Every T I have managed to get a decient skin off has been male...

This sucks.

Kain

Comment

This might make you feel better

my juve smithi shed and i checked the skin , it looked a dead cert male for me !
                            Anyway , next time it shed i checked again and it was a definate female !!

So dont give up yet , they are very hard to sex until they get bigger !

Comment

Working...
                            X