Birthday T's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday T's!

As it's my birthday tomorrow, a couple of mates wanted to buy me a couple of tarantulas as a gift, so I wen't up to Prestwood Petzone and bought 3.

I have got 2 P rufilata, about 2cm and something called a Peru Striped Leg (Man I hate comman names!)

After a little search about I think its Lasiodorides striatus.

Really pleased Loving the baby Pokies!

Kain

Happy B'Day for tomorrow mate.

Good prezzies eh.

I think you're right on the Lasiodorides striatus business, thinking back, when i first heard of (and saw) one in the early 90's they were under a different name (might have to google it cos i can't remember, my memories terrible untill something clicks) i've also heard them called the orange striped birdeater. Nice spider all the same.

edit:
    Was on the first google entry (how good was that), what called Pamphobeteus wallacei up untill 1996
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 14-07-07, 05:37 PM. Reason: google findings
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I tried to buy that T last week (striped leg-only one they had, but I was after a white-knee anyway) but they said it was sold, your mates must have reserved it?

Happy birthday by the way!

Comment

Nah mate, they only decided this morning they wanted to buy me a couple of tarantulas so we took a drive up there.

They had a nice breeding pair of P regalis there in a really nice double tank, would love to know where they got that from!

The 'Stripe leg' was the only one left, I just said I will have 2 P rafilata's and that stripe leg, and they said ok and prepared the sale.

I was slightly miffed they were keeping the pokies in cricket tubs, poor dudes weren't able to climb at all because of all the substrate!

Colin, Thats a cool name, wonder why they changed it! Lol. This one is a tiny little beast, about 1cm but he is taking size 2 crickets no problem.

Cute little thing by all accounts! The little pokies have a nice blue tinge too them too!

Kain

Comment

i dont like common name eyther but the common for your striata is, Peruvian giant white knee.
          sonny

Comment

I have found a few names for it..

Peru Giant Stripe Knee Tarantula
            Goliath Stripe Knee
            Peru Orange Knee

Thats why I hate common names lol.

Kain

Comment

Happy Birthday for tommorrow Kain, I hope the day is everything you could wish for.
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Happy birthday Kain

Congratulations on your new T's. Great choices and what nice friends you have.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X