Not all doom and gloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all doom and gloom

been a rough few days for me with the A chocoana dying and a few family problems, but it's not all doom and gloom.

On Sunday (my birthday) my L parahybana shed and believe it or not grew about an inch! So it was time to upgrade it's enclosure from a Julian Greves storage jar to something more appropriate.

Looking nice after a good molt.

New enclosure, used some of the moss stuff I wont attempt to spell it!)

It seems to 'like' it anyway.

Kain

I glad some things have been ok Kain, you seemed really down. Also you've confirmed what I thought about moss. Before I've used it to keep humidity high, but I've noticed my Brachys really love standing on it when its dry too. In fact my E. vulpinus won't get off hers, except to eat! Its good stuff.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Glad somethings turned positive for you mate.

Spagnum moss is good stuff, all my display tanks have it (for humidity and cosmetic value) the ones that doen't quite know what to make of it are the A geniculata who won't walk on it when dried off.

Onwards and upwards Kain

Best wishes

Colin
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

thats great kain, i am very happy for you. paras do grow dead quick dont they, i have 2 from the same sac and one is really friendly and the other is horrid and evil, i have guesses to see which grow the most with each molt.
        sonny

Comment

I was a bit worried for a minute! You first picture (the close up) looks as though your spider was sat on a big plate of Chow Mein!!!

I thought you may have discovered the worlds first Chinese takeaway eating spider.......

The Parahybana is a brillant spider. One of my favourites. The spidershop is selling slings for just £1.75!!! Every collection should have at least one.
          Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

hehe
            that's good news finally
            be careful about the moss! i've noticed it's prone to going moldy, and that looks like a lot to replace...
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X