something not quite right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something not quite right

my P. murinus eggs on legs are doing well but have noticed that some have deformed legs ie. 2 legs on one has only develped asfar the knee would be, and some others that have two legs fused together.
    Will post pics up when i recharge the batterys for the camera but anybody got any ideas on why this happens.

Something abit different, but if you have 2 live bearer fish, take Mollies for instance. If they inbreed you get fused fry (baby fish) where theres 2/3 fry fused together.

Maybe the same with spiders? I have no idea, just a guess really.

Kain

Comment

And don't forget that the reason they produce so many eggs, is because of the high mortality rates. It's survival of the fittest in nature.

Not all will be healthy - not all will survive.
      Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

I've talked about this before with Charles (Botar) and he said whether you inbreed or not, sometime you get the deformities and sometimes you don't. Basically in all the breeding he's done, he's not seen a pattern that inbreeding causes problems. Just an F.Y.I.
        Missouri Tarantula Group

Comment

Can't give youu any advice on them but wanted to wish you good luck and I hope they're ok.
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
          X