"Silent" Cricket adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Silent" Cricket adventures

i posted in another thread about being woken up at 4am by an amourous "silent" brown cricket in my P. irminia tank... which of course i had to fish out, meanwhile trying to keep my lovely suntiger from escaping! luckily she wasn't running, just leisurely climbing the side of the tank.

anyways, i succeeded to catch the cricket and chucked him into one of the G. rosea tanks...and this G. rosea is usually voracious and eats whatever i throw at him/her.
    silence resumed, and i went back to sleep.

i thought it was all over, but last night, around two (i had been screwed over by lovely London transport, and so had gotten home very late indeed), i retired and attempted to sleep...but someone decided that was the perfect time to start singing...i went to the G. rosea's tank and sure enough, the little blighter was still alive, in the water container, chirping for England.
    my G. rosea had failed me!!! i was very disappointed with him/her.
    so i fished him (the cricket) out...the Chile rose of course being much easier to get around then the P. irminia. however, as i was about to try the other rosea's tank, the cricket gave a mighty leap and squeezed out from my fingers...i found him behind the table, but he was too quick and vanished, as they are so wont to do.
    i thought "sod it!" and went back to bed.
    it didn't take long for him to cross the length of my room (my room is very long), and start singing on a bag near the foot of my bed.
    i said, "oh no you don't!" and pounced. i managed to catch him after a few misses, and then holding his little legs in a death grip, i raced over to the 2nd G. rosea's tank and threw him in.
    silence resumed.
    this morning i looked, and no sign of the little serenader. so it seems (fingers crossed) that i have at long last triumphed! perhaps i will finally get a full night's sleep tonight!
    the little *******!!!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

haha that's class!

never underestimate the power of those chirpers! guess they've gotta get some kind of revenge before they're fed to their death

maybe try earplugs next time? remember long horrible nights with 'mini alarms' going off in my room. trouble is everytime you move to find which cage they were in they'd shut up!! gggrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Michael Bryzak; 18-07-07, 12:12 PM.

Comment

yes, i bet it is vengeance of a kind! though they can't really know what's in store...so maybe they're just naturally spiteful creatures!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Just one of the reasons why roaches are your friends.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

I give it until 3:00AM chirp chirp!
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
          X