New arrivals A. bicegoi sliings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arrivals A. bicegoi sliings

My 2 new A. bicegoi slings have just arrived and have now been rehoused. They are healthy and lively. Sorry that the pics are a bit bright.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Lol, love baby Avics, looks like they have little welly's on!

Great slings Elaine!

Kain

Comment

Fantastic one Elaine, they are beautiful spiders. Very bright green and orange as adults if I remember. Be happy!
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Kain Prestwood View Post
        Lol, love baby Avics, looks like they have little welly's on!

Great slings Elaine!

Kain
        Thanks Kain. Yip they do look like they are wearing black boots lol.

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
        Fantastic one Elaine, they are beautiful spiders. Very bright green and orange as adults if I remember. Be happy!
        Thanks Nicola. They are very cute as slings but turn a brick red colour as they grow. Its not a bright colour but very beautiful anyway.

Elaine

Comment

Excellent! now I'm going to dissappear and find out which the green and orange one is!
          Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 20-07-07, 02:00 PM.

Comment

here is one

yours are little cuties Elaine , most avic slings look very similar dont they !
            Last edited by Neil Ashby; 20-07-07, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Avics are just superb. I named my first two Fluffy and Tiddles, so naturally they turned out as males. Then I go and name my new A. purpurea Pinkie (I do ask for it)! I've decided the next one is going to be called Rocky Psycho Mad Dog Killer; and if that doesn't get me a female nothing will!

Comment

Neil, thats different from other pics I have seen. See here

With all this confusion over Avic's you never really know though. On another forum a guy posted pics of his and they were really red. Beautiful.

Nicola, I think I will name mine macho names in the hopes they turn out female. You have me worried lol
                Elaine

Comment

Here is another link to see an A. bicegoi. You have to scroll down a bit to click on the pic.

Elaine

Comment

lovely little avic's elaine, very nice

Comment

They really do look stunning. I'm having a short break from buying now except for breeding partners for the ones I've got (if I'm lucky), though I'd love to own a few more Avics myself soon

Comment

Originally posted by andy hood View Post
                        lovely little avic's elaine, very nice
                        Thanks Andy

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                        They really do look stunning. I'm having a short break from buying now except for breeding partners for the ones I've got (if I'm lucky), though I'd love to own a few more Avics myself soon
                        Fingers crossed your breeding projects work out. I will look forward to news of results Good luck with finding the right T's for the ones you have.
                        Elaine

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to say but i dont think you have A. bicegoi. for the simple reason that the type is in Brasil and no one from the pet trade has ever compared what we have in the hobby with the type, who did you get then from?

You might want to read this thread

and have a look at the juv posted there also the comments about the A. bicegoi currently in the hobby.

There are only 5 sp of Avicularia whic can currently be confirmed to species, A. versicolour, A. minatrix, A. purpurea, A. laeta and A. hirshi. all of the rest are only guesses as no type specimens were ever used.

Ray

Comment

Morning Ray
                            I have had a quick read through the link you posted. I will re-read a few times I think as its quite long and detailed. Thanks

I have 2 A. braunshauseni slings here that came from Sven Koppler in Germany. Should I keep them named as A. braunshauseni or change to Avicularia sp. "guyana 9" ?

The A. bicegoi were bought by a girl on another forum from someone in Germany (not Sven Koppler) and then sold on to me. I dont know who the dealer was but could maybe find out if its important.

The A. bicegoi slings should just be Avicularia sp. ?

Thank goodness I know that my A. versicolor's and A. purpurea are correct lol. This is all pretty confusing for a newbie but I will read your link again and again if needs be.

Thanks
                            Elaine

Comment

Very interesting read there Ray..and look at all those tiny A versicolor's!

Well at the show I was sold what apparently was a A huriana, but after reading that It could be anything. So guess with have to wait and see, though it is much hairier than my A avics.

Good read that though, thanks for posting it.

Kain

Comment

Working...
                              X