Who says G.Rosea is always docile???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says G.Rosea is always docile???

Ok not trying to prove a point or anything I just found it humourous the other day when I threw in a locust and she decided with much unplesentness she wasn't hungry and wanted left alone. So it seems they do have a grumpy side they just need the right encouragement. Alas it didnt last for long after moving away the locust came back for more this time finding a hungry T..wysiwyg { background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: 50% 50%; background-color: #ffffff; background-image: url("http://www.thebts.co.uk/forums/images/replyboxbg.gif"); color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 50% } p { margin: 0px; }
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rich.Harrington; 26-07-07, 11:47 PM. Reason: Ok some funny bb code going on there too haven't a clue what it's all about

My Collection: - Support CB

Mines The Same Sometimes

I know what you mean. Sometimes they can be downright mean when their not happy. Mine sometimes takes to climbing up the walls. He's not best pleased when he has to get down.
    Last edited by Sam Heaton; 30-07-07, 12:42 PM. Reason: a couple of errors
    "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Comment

my two C. rosea's are very active and mobile...they're both pretty quick to eat, usually as well.
      they move quickly, but they're not in the slightest aggressive, thankfully...just had one try to kick hairs at me a couple times, but had to get pretty close for that!
      they definitely have strong personalities, though, and don't particularly enjoy being moved.
      one likes to come out and see what i'm up to when i lift the lid, though, and she/he seems overjoyed when it turns out i'm feeding her/him!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Being a begginer I picked a G.Rosea based on peoples reccomendations of how hardy and docile they are. Hardy it is, it's coped well with me so far, but its got one hell of a temper. whenever I open the tank to pop in a cricket, or clean or add water it's up like a shot flailing legs and getting into defensive positions.

Comment

Of the several dozen (ranging from s'lings to mature adults) i have of the Grammostola genus i would say that about half have what could be called an "unpredictable" nature at times, varying from day to day and even morning to afternoon sometimes.
          just goes to show at the end of the day they're wild animals and should be treated as such, and given the respect (and space) they deserve.
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
          X