my goliath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my goliath

hi there,bit new to this so do laugh!!,my names scott i joined the forum yesterday,ive got 3 spiders at the mo ive had tarantulas for 15 years now and bought a juvenile goliath at christmas..its been feeding and moulted twice now but now its gone off feeding and seems to spend most of its time charging round its 2ft tank,im begining to think ive got a male??.....any thoughts on this would be good...my other two spiders are a young mexican red knee called taco and a chile rose,my pink toe died a month ago what a cool spider she was.
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

a juv blondi or any theraphosid should not go nomadic at this early age this behaviour is usually exhibited by adult males. have you had it sexed?
    if not pm me a pic or pm me and send me the last exuvium and i will gender it for you.
    as for the behaviour it is exhibiting i am not too sure you could be keeping it too hot?
    cheers wes

Comment

my goliath again

thanks for the reply my goliath was feeding and behaving fine til afew weeks ago i did think id got a male with tha way it started charging around the tank at 10/11pm then that carried on til the small hours,as for tank emperature its now at 30.5c with 85% humidity which for a goliath i think is about right,the heater goes off in the evening to replicate cooling down in the wild....im not sure why my spider is behaving like this im fairly sure its due moulting as its moulted every 3 months since i got it its just concerning that its gone from fairly predictable to spending most of its day sulking!!
      all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

30.5 is rather high even for a Goliath, probably the reason for the hyper-activity

Comment

Working...
        X