No announcement yet.

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be.......

Arboreal!

www.tomaswhitehouse.com
    info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Acanthoscurria geniculata.....COME ON DOWN!!!!

sorry Tom...couldn't resist..
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Is there such a thing as a spider therapist? Seriously though nice pictures, hope he keeps it up.
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

The moustache

Ha ha! Nice one Colin!

You may think I'm a bit weird but I often think of the chelicera as the two sides of a bushy moustache, similar to the one that Stephen Fry fashioned as General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchet in Black Adder goes fourth.

'What, what, what, neigh!
        'What is the matter with you Darling?!

A monacle wouldnt look out of place on a tarantula in my opinion either.

Thanks for the kind words on the photography Nicola, things are about to get much better soon, I can't wait!

All the best

Tomas
        www.tomaswhitehouse.com
        info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

just thinking about your flash scenario Tom
          There was a guy selling 90 degree double brackets for extension tube work on ebay a while ago, they looked quite functional.
          I'll have a butchers and see if i can come up with the auction page again. they weren't a bad price either even with postage.
          if i find it i'll PM you the link.

Colin

Blackadder....wonderful..."moustache bushy enough Darling?"..."like a private hedge Sir!!"
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

"Who shot my speckled jim?"

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post

Blackadder....wonderful..."moustache bushy enough Darling?"..."like a private hedge Sir!!"
            DARLING: Ready to give the hun a damn good licking Sir?

GEN MELCHET: I wouldn't lick a German if he was glazed in honey!

Thanks Colin.

Tomas
            www.tomaswhitehouse.com
            info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

Sorry for "bumping" this one, but I was trying to send the picture to Tomas and couldn't suss how to do it in private messages?
              Attached Files

Comment

Quite welcome

Originally posted by Neil Martin View Post
                Sorry for "bumping" this one, but I was trying to send the picture to Tomas and couldn't suss how to do it in private messages?
                The more the merrier mate. Yes, a molt is impending there. How old is she/he? Very beautiful!

Tomas
                www.tomaswhitehouse.com
                info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

Thomas, I believe it is around 1 year old?

Looking forward to seeing this one grow large enough to go into a proper "glass tank" as they are difficult to see in the plastic sandwich boxes aren't they?

Comment

Many thanks

That's great, I had placed a very wild guess between 1 - three years. Blimey they are fast growers. Judging by the size of the abdomen you'll be as suprised as me after the molt. Colin warned me that the growth between molts is remarkable.

The small plastic tub I had was a nightmare! It wasnt so bad for visibilty if you looked throught sides, the lid was alot more opaque though.
                    The main thing that really worried me was I couldnt remove the lid without a struggle, the walls would also flex inwards too. scary!
                    As soon as she/he molted and hardened up bit a relocated to the smallest critter keeper. Hopefully after the next couple of molts the exo terra 12/12/12 will be appropriate.

All the best,

Originally posted by Neil Martin View Post
                    Thomas, I believe it is around 1 year old?

Looking forward to seeing this one grow large enough to go into a proper "glass tank" as they are difficult to see in the plastic sandwich boxes aren't they?
                    www.tomaswhitehouse.com
                    info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

Working...
                    X