Urticating hair treatment HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urticating hair treatment HELP!

This weekend I decided to clean out ALL of my spider tanks as the substrate was starting to break down. I carefully removed all the spiders, cleaned the tanks out, replaced the substrate and put the spider back.

All was going well until I got to B. bohemei. She kicked up a huge cloud of hairs and I new they were going to be trouble. Straight away I could feel them tingling on my arm (foolishly I was only wearing a T. shirt) and had a few go up my nose too causing a nasty sneezing fit.

Now i'm left with extremely itchy arms, ive tried Germaline and E45 cream but nothing relieves the itching. Does anyone have any ideas?

Richard you could try some exfoliating cream, it worked for my other half when she had a run in with a B. albopilosa.

Mike.
    www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Sounds like you might still have some hairs in there. Try using selotape over the area, like you were removing fluff from your coat. Then wash and put germoline or savlon on the area. If its no better in the morning ask your GP. Thats what I'd do, hope this helps
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Hi!

Urticating hair, that's the reason why I got rid of most of my new world t's
        benadryl extra stength in tablet was working very good for me.

Hope this help!

Alain
        Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

First Time I had a new world Moult I grabbed the skin out the tank and spent about 15 mins prodding playing sexing etc, single worst mistake I've made whilst keeping T's! I used Gaffa(Is there anything it can't be used for?) to pull out most of the hairs but I did have itchy bumpy hands for 2 days after.

Comment

i feel your pain! i came out in a horrible rash which i've come to blame on my B. albopilosum! think i'm actually allergic
            now i seem to come out in little spots even when i hold another spider and it's not kicking! annoying. certainly less bad then the initial outburst though!
            i had antihistamines and some eumovate cream...the cream helped somewhat, but it was torture for a week.
            hope you find a solution! horrible!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Are some (new world) T's more notorious than others for their hairs?

My smithi has never given me more than a mild tickle after 10 years. I also have a para and its hairs don't seem to affect me at all. (mind you I would get out of the way if I saw a could of 'em heading for me! shining in the light like a-thousand miniature arrows)
              See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

Its been said that Lasiodora and Theraphosa have "Worse " hairs

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wheeler (Gigus) View Post
                  I used Gaffa (Is there anything it can't be used for?)
                  Perfect for the job Chris i agree !

Its like the "force" on Star Wars, it has a light side a dark side and it holds the universe together !!!
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Where long sleeves lol.
                    Seriously though, have a shower with COOL water and during showering use exfoliating body scrub, towel down then appply antihystermine cream & take a pirriton tablet. That'll sort you out .
                    J x

Comment

Working...
                    X