Watched my first moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched my first moult

I know this is old hat for a lot of you here but my B. emilia moulted last night and for the first time I got to watch the whole process from start to finish.
    Sorry, I forgot to take pics during the moult, I was too excited and never thought about the camera. She flipped over at 11pm and it was all over and done with by 12.10am. Here are pics from when she was still resting on her back afterwards and 1 from this morning.

I snapped this one of my B. boehmei just because she was looking so lovely

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

that's cool! i have yet to see a moult, though caught one of my G. rosea's on its back the other week, and sure enough it was all bright and shiny the next morning
    your emilia looks gorgeous! i'd love to get one, but i think i'd better hold off on any more pet purchases for a while, after making a pig of myself so to speak at the convention in Ware!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching my T Blondi shed and got some pics as well. it was very cool! will try to get some pics up later

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
        that's cool! i have yet to see a moult, though caught one of my G. rosea's on its back the other week, and sure enough it was all bright and shiny the next morning
        your emilia looks gorgeous! i'd love to get one, but i think i'd better hold off on any more pet purchases for a while, after making a pig of myself so to speak at the convention in Ware!
        It was amazing to watch. I was totally transfixed by her I dont have much left of my nails now lol.
        Congratulations on the successful moult of your G. rosea

Originally posted by Michael Bryzak View Post
        I had the pleasure of watching my T Blondi shed and got some pics as well. it was very cool! will try to get some pics up later
        I look forward to seeing the pics Michael.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks! likewise

yeah Michael, post those pics!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

congrats on a successful moult elaine , my two b. vagans spiderlings moulted this week, one of them on wednesday which i watched and one sometime today which i missed

Comment

Thanks Andy It was totally amazing to watch. I'm so glad to have been able to see the whole thing from start to finish.

Congratulations on yours also

Elaine

Comment

thanks elaine, moults are certainly fascinating to watch, i have seen a few of mine moult and it always fascinates me ,

Comment

My first moult was a P. metallica, I thought it would be the best. however a few months ago one of my Koh Samuis died in a moult, and when my T. pruriens moulted so successfully just after that, I'd have to say my T. pruriens gets the vote.
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

nice one! well done for catching it! keep seeing pics of b.boehmis and wanting them more!!

Comment

I have just removed the "old suit" of my A.Genic after it's first moult since I got it, 6 weeks ago.

It isn't making a full appearance, but I have seen it move, so fingers crossed it will have been 100% as the old skin formed a perfect spider?

The thing that has surprised me is that the "new front leg" sticking out of the hide has gone from brown/cream to more black/white and is easily half as long again as the "old front legs" - that is a much greater rate of growth than my old Smithi used to demonstrate!

Just waiting on the L.Para now.

Comment

Working...
                      X