ID Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Please

I bought this pretty lil T this time last year from a local pet store (i know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself) It was from 'Fauna imports' and was labeled as Euthalus Pulcherimiklaasi (Andean Black) I was advised by a few people that it was NOT as labeled.
    It shead for the first time in my care last night, the shed took around 14 hours to complete and he/she is not much bigger than it was origionally. The colour is dark blue with black carapace and abdoman with a few scattered auburn hairs on its abdoman and vivid beige slashes on the knees.
    I would like a rough idea what sp this could be please.
    It is aprox 4" leg span & not a defensive spid.
    Thanks,
    J x

Last edited by Jay Howdle; 14-08-07, 07:58 PM.

I'm probably a million miles of being right, but it looks alot like an A chocoana I had.

Kain

Comment

Nope, we got Chaccoana's here & this is nothing like em, was mentioned about it looking like a Striatus but it isn't!
      I've looked at all the other spids we have here and scoured the internet and gone thru every picture on Rick Wests site but all in is vain!

I will take out the exuvium today and see if i can get pics under the microscope of the spermathecae.
      Last edited by Jay Howdle; 15-08-07, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Lasiodorides striatus or polycuspulatus...
        Can't tell form that pic. IS it female - if so also spermo pic may help (funny enough it looks like adult male to me from the picture)?
        Here's my female L. polycuspulatus.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mikhail F. Bagaturov; 15-08-07, 01:44 PM.
        All the best,
        Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Looks to me like Lasiodorides striatus, its NOT E. pulcherimaklassi.

Who did you get it from?

Ray

Comment

Long story Ray but It didn't come from the people I was led to believe it had, it was origionally from ''Fauna imports'' Bad news I know but I didn't know any better back then.
            I have had discussions with several people over this spid and do know for a fact it is NOT E.Pulcherimaklaasi but am leaning to the sp of Hommeomma, now I do have a mature male Hommeoma sp 'Blue' but mine is twice as big and more chunky and now looking at her she has a extremelly dark green metalic carapace, the red setae are really confusing me.
            I do have a decent exuvium so who's best to send it to?
            J x
            Here's my origional thread about it some 15 months ago (excuse my big mouth and 'know it all'' attitude, times have changed and I have learnt better!)

and heres a couple of new pics I took today

Comment

Steve at Fauna Import is OK,
              Anyway i think this is what was being sold as an "Andean Black" or some garbadge common name like that, It is a Thrixopelma sp possibly ockerti but i am not sure.

Comment

Again, spermathecae picture can help a bit.
                I believe, Ray, You got it as the later photos unlike the first one gives the old "grammostolinae" look (I mean the characteristic urticating distinct postabdominal patch), so "Grammostola-Thrixopelma-Euathlus" complex maybe.
                Khm... interesting.
                Last edited by Mikhail F. Bagaturov; 16-08-07, 10:45 AM.
                All the best,
                Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Does look like a male E.campestratus that i had once.

Bottom right of pic is the male
                  And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
                  X