the sun rears its ugly head again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sun rears its ugly head again

what do you all think of this piece of nonsense? http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004092008,00.html
    it reminds me of when the sun did an article about a man dying from a scorpion sting (allegedly), and using a blown up picture of the harmless P. imperator at the top, with the words "Killer Scorpion"
    honestly, for this article to be true, i think alot of animals would have to completely ignore their natural instincts!
    i've already been teased at work because of this lol!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

HAHAHA what a load of trolop. Surely these snakes lizards and insects would have eaten each other if they were aloud to "roam free" and if his body was supposeldy half eaten how could they be certain it was a spider bite at all.

Comment

exactly. can you imagine picky animals like tarantulas actually scavenging as they describe? rubbish! and i've never heard of termites being carnivorous?
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

What I want to know is pre-post mortem (I presume) how would they know in all that carnage what killed him anyway? Especially as Latrodectus bites, given treatment, aren't fatal to a healthy adult human being(depending on the species, the treatment might not even be necessary to prevent fatality). In other words, rubbish. As for 'fast aggressive spiders which shouldn't be kept in the home' rubbish, unless that was a reference to a Phoenutria on in a bad mood the comment was totally unjustified. If it was a reference to a Phoenutria then why not introduce DWA regs over in Germany like over here? (ouch!!) Anyway its the Sun, the adult version of the Beano (personal opinion). What do we expect?
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I'm sure this an old story which has just managed to rear its ugly head again, If I remember rightly it was first posted around this time last year?

Mike.
          www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

It says at the top of the page "got a story? 63000"

"Misinformed, uneducated complete and utter numbskull writes glorified article for Sun newspaper !!!"

How about that?

Nicola....... "adult version of the Beano".......like it !!!
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

the style of writing reminds me of Rita Skeeter, from the Harry Potter books ie misquotation, embellishment, outright lies and misinformation...ie, the Sun's usual lovely style.
              why is that piece of utter tripe the most widely read "paper" in Britain?? oh right, it's that one page, isn't it...
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X