Erm? Strange Avic avic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm? Strange Avic avic?

Sat here tonight waiting for Summerslam to start (I know I'm sad!!) and was watching my A avic doing strange things with his feet...sucking them!!

Sorry for crap pics

Is this normal? He can't be hungry as hes ate one cricket yesterday, and theres another wondering around his tank (Exo terra - Ex despaly model, got it for a tenner )

Certainly made me laugh whatever he was up too!

Kain

Yeah thats normal mate

I think its a form of cleaning themselves or something , funny to see tho for the first time

Unless yours has a foot fetish !!!!!

Comment

Maybe should see if I can get him a spider sized dummy lol

Comment

Maybe his toes are pink because he has sucked off the black bits

Comment

LMAO!!!!

Classic!

Comment

Not too long ago I saw my A avi with its back leg in its mouth, now that was cool.

Comment

Yes thats how they keep clean.......they can hardly hop in the showeer now can they?????
              They all clean themslves like this, from the tiniest sling to the biggest apophysis.
              spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

it looks cool thow i reamber when my chile rose took his first meal worm i throt it had got in to his mouth some how as he had 3 in there thinking like a nood the only take 1 at a time lol

Comment

Its how they wash themselves. Similar to a cat washing behind its ears really. I used to sit and watch my P. ornata stick his foot in his mouth and then rub it over the backs of his other legs to clean them (I know I'm sad too!) he used to sit on the side of his tank and spend ages cleaning. I think all tarantulas do it, certainly I've seen most of my Pokes wash like this.
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

My A. avic does this too. Its cute to watch. I caught my B. boehmei doing the same thing the other day.

I'm glad I dont have to clean my feet that way ewwwwww.
                    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Ive seen the T's wash and groom themselves before, but I can't say I have ever seen them stick there feet in the mouths - Just abit funny looking thats all.

Guess it was more obvious this time as he was on the glass.

Pretty funny to watch mind.

Kain

Comment

What you can do, if you have room in the tank, is occasionally put a shallow (fairly wide) tray of clean water in there.
                        Mine seems to like running / splashing in it and then proceeds to clean all its feet after shaking them similar to a cat in the snow. that will give you a laugh.
                        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Avic metallica

Going off on a slight tangent, My Avic is away breeding at the moment so I decided to clean his tank today. Of course I washed and polished and then I pulled down his old web......and then remembered all his moults in it, the time he threw a fit and re-carpeted it with hair from his abdomen and a whole host of other nasties. About an hour later after lots of soap and water and selotape the stinging went away. So the little terror still managed to get me when he's the other end of the country, I just hope he's behaving himself there!!!!! (Oh and he likes dipping his feet in water and drinking it off of them as well)
                          Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 27-08-07, 11:12 PM.
                          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                          X