P.Ruffilata acting strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.Ruffilata acting strange

Here is a video of my sons Pokie Ruffilata, she has been in the same position since Tuesday. She is on her back and no sign of moulting mat, she keeps moving her legs in & out.
    I have taken out the hidey logs so she has more room to flip over but she does nothing. At the moment she is kept in the dark & it quiet & humid.
    Any suggestions?
    I would like to pop her in the freezer but its my little lads Pokie & he will flip if I do that. I'm at loss as what to do next or for the best.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

From looking at the video it just seems like a normal moulting but it's a hell of a time since tuesday.
    my advice would be to leave well alone and let nature take it's course, maybe there's something not quite right at the mo with the moult and its stretching it out a bit untill the time it right. If temp and humidity is ok then there shouldn't be problems when it does moult.
    looked back through my moult records and the longest i've had was a touch under three days with a succesful end result, i raised the humidity quite a lot though. spider was an Avicularia sp.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

this is my fuffy and she is still doing the same thing after 2 weeks. she is on her back and moving her legs in and out. I dont want to freeze her but I dont want her to suffer. Is there anything else I can do?
      sonny

Comment

Sonny, I wish I could offer advice but I dont have any experience of this. I do hope things improve though.

Elaine xxx

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Sonny, have you tried e-mailing one of the BTS committee? Maybe they can help
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
          X