what animlas now because of dna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what animlas now because of dna

i now it sound like im being pompous, but i have all way throut that animals including us as animals now so much from dna,
    what has resparked this thort is in 1 of my T books it was saying that Ts cort from the Wilde a big no no for me unless there endangered, that some will be up hits ride to molt in
    my Chile rose is starting its moult my first as i prowed owner well its slowly and i mean slowly as if designed by comity lol,
    i got mine from the spider shop so captive bred so i think that there is a lot in your dna letting you now thing.
    i was wondering if you feel the same

Scott,

Your question is a little hard to understand but unfortunately the answer is a lot worse!
    I think that I have shared the same thoughts as you, and my explanation may encourage more of a discussion.
    I too saw one of my T's in the middle of shedding last week (for the first time in 10 years of keeping spiders!). The most striking thing is how incredibly tricky it must be! And yet the spider seems to excecute this impossible proceedure with such precision that it makes you wonder where it learnt how to do it.

Perhaps even more incredible is the fact that it didn't "learn" to do it at all - it "knew" all along. And this brings us to your correct assumption that there is A LOT of information in your DNA, because a spider's DNA is where all of the "knowledge" comes from to perform such a task as shedding. (I use inverted commas because I mean "Learn" an "Knowledge" as metaphors for entirely different processes)

And it gets even more complicated when you consider the molecular processes that must take place for the code contained within a spider's DNA to be "translated" into such a variety of molecules as to bring about changes within the spider's metabolism and behaviour required for it to shed its skin.

You mentioned design, and yes the whole process is so intricately amazing that it looks like someone designed it, but thats when an even more crazy bit of biology comes in - the whole thing happened by a series of "accidents" in evolution that lead certain groups of invertebrates to develop this ability in the first place, and so the processs of shedding skins was not learnt by individuals, but by the species as a whole during the evolution of countless pre-spiders (probably worm type things!).

So in spiders the DNA is the key to everything they do, and why they do it. (In a very round about way). It can tell humans an awful lot about what and why we do things, but we invented culture to be able to take control of this and its lead to all sorts of problems, like not being able to shed our skin, or grow venom glands. Bugger!

Someone else might care to fill in the gaps? Sorry for the essay but you are on the path to enlightenment!
    Last edited by Mark Pajak; 12-09-07, 01:23 PM.
    See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

well, issues of faith or lack thereof aside, as that's a topic for any board but this!! it is truly amazing what is contained in DNA.
      can you imagine having to be trained to breathe or digest? pretty amazing we just know how... the complexity of DNA is astounding.
      it amazes me that no matter which direction we look in this universe, even the most simple-looking thing can be explored almost infinitely... or perhaps infinitely, at least in theory... whether that direction is inwards to DNA, or down to the microscopic level, or perhaps in the direction of the stars, time, matter, energy...
      truly amazing!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X