Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have no idea how happy I am

Hi all

I have read the forums for a while and then decided to get a pet T 5 weeks ago - I couldn't decide between curly haired or Mexican fireleg so in the end got both.

I registered with the forum last night so that I could ask about the curly hair. She had not eaten since I got her and I was a bit worried. I know they fast for a while before a moult but I read for just a few weeks.

Anyway, today I get home from work and I am now the proud owner of a new (and very dark) curly hair with a nice moult left in the corner so no doubt she will eat when I feed her in a few days. I took a few photos and a short movie of the very end of the process. In the movie you can just see the final push out of the old skin. I'm hoping I'll be able to mount the moult

Pics are here if you want to see.

Thanks to you all out there who have posted - you gave me all the info I needed to set up and learn about how to care for Itzy and Bitzy.

Paul

Hi Paul

Wow love the video. I've not actually caught mine it always seems to be over by the time I get there.

I have a G.rosa and a Mexican fireleg, my G.rosa is adult female, and my mexican fireleg is about 7cm now (my baby). I've been off line for awhile as my computer was broken so have to catch up with everyone. I see you are new well welcome this is the best site ever. Lots of good information and support.

I', thinking of getting another T, a curly haired one, or I might go for another spiderling will have to see what Lee has.

Anyway love the pics and enjoy your T's

Barbara

Comment

Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum and the world of T's

Congratulations on your first successful moult. There is nothing more fascinating than watching your T emerge in her new suit of clothes. The photo's and video were excellent.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

welcome sir. great video and pic.

Comment

welcome!
          nice pics and image! my curly hair moulted not long after i got her, but i wasn't lucky enough to catch her in the act. it'll be a long time til the next one, too!
          they're great spiders, quite active, though mine's a bit defensive and the hair's are nasty!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hi paul and welcome to the forum . congratulations on a succesfull moult , nice video too

Comment

Welcome to the insanity that is keeping T's, great pick-ups

Comment

Well done Paul, happy to hear you've joined!
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                X