P pederseni(?) vent sexing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P pederseni(?) vent sexing?

My P pederseni has shed over the last couple of days, not sure exactly when. However like the last few times the skin has been destroyed. I was wondering if anyone got take a stab at vent sexing 'her'

To be honest I dont even know if it's a P pederseni...It's shed into a wolly monster!

Cheers

Kain

He's a mature male!

Kain

Comment

your right there it is 100% male........i have one here atm and yours does look like P. pederseni

Comment

yes its def pedersine and it is a male but not sure if he's mature! Has it got hooks on its front legs? If there are no hooks then its not mature.

Comment

I can't see any hooks yet. I can only see the pedipalp organs.

Can you see any?

Hes only 5 inches long when hes lay in the classic pose.

Kain
          Last edited by Kain Prestwood; 21-09-07, 01:18 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Just checked on my pokie logs and Pokes dont get hooks. They get the boxing gloves.
            I cant see any and if he hasnt got any then he is NOT mature. If he was mature then he would have these cos he needs these for the female. They have boxing gloves that hold tadpoles so that they can have some babys.
            I am not expert and there are lots people on here that would tell you more best than me but i would bet my pocket money that its not mature.
            sonny
            Last edited by Sonny Howdle; 21-09-07, 01:55 PM.

Comment

it is 100% mature, such spiders only present the pedipalp emboli after the final moult (male only) sub adults dont have such a structure, their pedipalps are identical to that of a female until after the final moult

Comment

tell me how you know Wesley, i have to know so i can know for future.
                You can ring me you know, you dont just have to talk to me on here or ap.
                sonny

Comment

(Hope you don't mind me borrowing a bit of your pic Wesley!)

Sonny,

You can see the palpal emboli (what you call the boxing gloves) in Wesley's last picture:

So it's definitely a mature male, because male tarantulas (and male spiders in general) don't get those until their maturing moult. Tarantulas then make a sperm web and fill them up, and they're used to fertilise the female.

Hope that helps a bit

My Collection:

Comment

not my pic phil it is Kains.......thanks for explaining that to Sonny as i logged on to do just that...lol.....i was just about to take pics of my male P. pederseni......thank you for saving me from a photography disaster

Comment

Sorry, I meant Kain

My Collection:

Comment

No worries

Kain

Comment

Working...
                        X