Arboreal settups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arboreal settups

Could you please give me a few tips and ideas for good arboreal settups/tanks/vivs as my A.versicolor is growing fast and I would like to plan ahead and get it a house sorted ready for when its big enough.Thanks

I got slings to adults in these. i dont like the tanks to big though incase they cant find there dinner. my adults are in custom aquria tanks which are 15 inches x 7 inches x 7 inches. I have 3 inches of sub and a hollow log stood up and some plastic plants and a milk bottle lid hot glued to the corner.
    My babys are in Lee's big size sling pots which are 5 inches high and 1.5 inches across, they have 2 sprigs og moss stood up in them.
    I can put pics on if it helps.
    As long as there is lots of air vents cos avics wont live if there is stale and nasty air. air has to flow about for avics.
    hope this helps.
    sonny

Comment

cheers. How much were the custom tanks and where from? Do you have any pics? my sling is in a pot about 6" high and 2 1/2" wide with a bit of cork bark with holes in that reaches the top of the pot and 1 1/2 inches of vemiculite its kept humid and plenty of ventalation. I think after its next shed it'll be too big for the pot and as I dont have any other arboreals I have no idea for an adult home I just want to get it right. How do you get plenty of ventalaion into a glass tank? Our adult female G. rosea is in a custom made tank for terrestrials(which we have 2 of) but they got given to us by a man who moved to Germany lol so cant ask him to make one.How would I go about making one of my own? Sorry for rambling

Comment

ASDA £1.93 ...cant get any better than this for arborials

Comment

here's my a.versicolors enclosure, from morrisons, £1.99 i snapped of the lid at the top and siliconed mesh to fill in the space, plus you can have more spids in less room using the 5cl cereal tubs, there 12.5 inch high

Comment

they are both good ideas was looking for more a glass tank, where did you get the plants from? how big are the cerial tubs, the ones I have seen seem too small

Comment

the ones i have are 5cl, 12.5 inches tall

Comment

Arboreal housing ideas

Hi Abi, i've got 5 versicolor slings housed all together in a plastic quality street jar! I've drilled some holes in the lids for ventilation,i put a drop of water in & i've got plastic plants (the ones you put in your aquarium) & they have just moulted for the 4th time over the last few days.They all make their own individual tubes and they're as happy as larry. I don't house my pink toe though, she lives rent free on my yucca!

Comment

Working...
                X