Moult Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moult Question

My Ceratogyrus bechuanicus has just turned on to its back to moult. First one i will actually get to watch happen for quite some time.

Anyway, as can be seen from the picture below it has decided to do so inside one of its web tubes.

With it in that position i cant see how it will be able to push the exuvium off as it will press in to the web above. Should i cut the web to give it space? It would make sense, but i dont want to disturb it if i dont have to.
    Avicularia versicolor x2 // Ceratogyrus bechuanicus // Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens // Citharischius crawshayix4 // Cyriopagopus Sp. Blue x2 // Grammostola rosea x2 // Haplopelma lividum // Monocentropus balfouri // Poecilotheria formosa // Poecilotheria ornata // Poecilotheria perderseni // Poecilotheria regalis // Pterinochilus murinus

To be honest Greg, I would leave it alone where it has decided to molt for itself, they are generally pretty good at picking their spots correctly, by trying to cut the web you are more likely to do more harm than good by disturbing your spider.

All the best,

Mike.
    www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Thanks. I will leave it as it and see how it goes.
      Avicularia versicolor x2 // Ceratogyrus bechuanicus // Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens // Citharischius crawshayix4 // Cyriopagopus Sp. Blue x2 // Grammostola rosea x2 // Haplopelma lividum // Monocentropus balfouri // Poecilotheria formosa // Poecilotheria ornata // Poecilotheria perderseni // Poecilotheria regalis // Pterinochilus murinus

Comment

All finished, and successfully moulted

Comment

Congratulations Greg. Its amazing when you get to see the whole process. I was totally transfixed when my L. para moulted. Wouldnt have missed it for anything.
          I'm glad you got to watch her moult.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X