New Invert Rescue Opening Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Invert Rescue Opening Soon

Just a quick message to tell everyone that there is a New Invert Rescue Center opening soon in Hull.

we will be taking on and re-homeing unwanted and abused Inverts (including DWA listed)

we should have a website up and running within the next couple of weeks.

thanks

lee
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Thats great news Its a shame that such a rescue is needed but its great to see that people are there to fill that need.

Best of luck with the new rescue.
    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
      Thats great news Its a shame that such a rescue is needed but its great to see that people are there to fill that need.

Best of luck with the new rescue.
      Elaine
      Elaine
      The BTS has been re homing and rescuing tarantulas for over 23 years, just this month I have collected 5 tarantulas from 2 people unable to give them the care and attention needed.

All the owners where reluctant to let them go but understood that their circumstances had changed and in the best interest of the tarantulas contacted the BTS, I am caring for most but a few have been passed on to Peter Kirk.

The BTS are more than just four journals and a expo, I think this is a side of the society people forget we do.

Lee best of luck with your new invert rescue scheme, please try and resist the urge to over sensationalise a problem for the sake of media attention for your new project.

As this well undoubtedly damage the hobby as a whole. As well proved with the reptile rescued projects of years gone by.
      Also remember the BTS has over 500 members who can care for unwanted tarantulas.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks Mark, I didnt know the BTS did rescue. Having somewhere safe for a critter to go and be cared for is always a good thing.

I understand that for some people their circumstances can change and other things have to become the priority so it must be a relief for them to know their animals will be taken care of.

My 1 rescue T was the one that kickstarted me into the hobby. Poor wee guy was left on my doorstep and has stayed since then.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
        Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

where abouts in hull lee? I live near hull.

Comment

Good luck Lee, all the very best.
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

thanks everyone.

sonny: im currently running Reptile Rescue Hull while my friend is away on holiday so you are welcome to drop by anytime. the Reptile Rescue website is http://www.reptilerescue.co.uk/
              Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
              Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
              P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

Thats great to hear, my local supplier has started to get more T's in lately because he has noticed more people taking an interest. He was telling me that the hobby seems to be picking up more over these last few months. I have even noticed a few of the "normal" pet shops around my area stocking a few Tarantulas and Scorpions.
                I am always worried that more people will buy them on a whim just because they want a "cool" pet, then lose interest a couple of weeks later.
                Glenn Wilkinson

Comment

this is a great cause.
                  i look forward to the day when i'm experienced enough to contribute my own facilities to inverts in need of care.
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                  My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                  X