BTS Journal trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Journal trivia

Since its inception in 1986 the BTS journal has published 912 separate articles.

Now who'll be the one to write the 1000th one?

Richard

Easy question.................Ray Gabriel.

Seriously that a good one. Hmmm , about time i wrote something.
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

i think mary walters.

Comment

Why don't all those suggesting someone go and write an article themselves. That should keep the editor busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
        Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 30-09-07, 12:32 PM.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
          Easy question.................Ray Gabriel.

Seriously that a good one. Hmmm , about time i wrote something.
          No problem Ray its done.

Let me think how about,

an article on Poecilotheria Articles?

Ray G

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
            Why don't all those suggesting someone go and wrire an article themselves. That should keep the editor busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

i would love to write a artickle for the bts but im not clever enough and i dont think i would be alowed because of my age. but i will when im older and more clever with t's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Howdle View Post
              i would love to write a artickle for the bts but im not clever enough and i dont think i would be alowed because of my age. but i will when im older and more clever with t's.
              Dont have to be really clever to write an article and age shouldnt be an issue. Write an article about how you got into t's, what your first t was, some stories about a particular spider that escaped or had strange behaviour. Sometimes having light hearted articles and stories are good to read from time to time.

Comment

I agree with Adam. It doesn't matter how old you are or Whether you have a PHD or not. In fact the light hearted articles are just as good (often better) than the serious stuff. What I want someone to write about is the little dance tarantulas do after they kill their prey (or think they have in the case of pre-killed). They all dance but the dances are different. For example I have a H. lividium who just dabs a little web after catching a cricket, yet I used to have a P. metallica who went beserk like a deranged bee! Also do they dance less when less hungry (ie shorter gap between meals), which might indicate its less of a joy at killing thing and more of a pleasure at the thought of eating thing. Could be an interesting study. Also do the species have different dances, like a sign of identification?
                Just a few questions
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I say it will be me as who has the 1000th article printed because, I will bribe Mr Gallon with the keys to Castle Greyskull and a self emptying washable sick bag!

Then again I'm not so sure if I can be botherd to write anything so I may just keep this bribe for a later date.

All the best
                  Chris
                  Last edited by Chris Sainsbury; 01-10-07, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Richard!

Is it any actual topic to write
                    What about the parteno-genesis in theraphosids? THere're two unconfirmed cases in ex-USSR
                    All the best,
                    Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Working...
                    X