Avicularia sp. "Peru Purple"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia sp. "Peru Purple"

Has anyone tried these in a communal setup?

I'm thinking that the benefit from having a larger, more airy enclosure will outweigh the dangers of cramped space and low ventilation. So far I have not seen any aggression between mine who are all in a tescos transparent soup pot proceeding to web it all up nicely
    See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Not yet by the looks of things.

Ray

Comment

Update.....

Last night I had a change of heart and transfered all six into their own separate containers - this is because it was really difficult to ensure that they were all getting equal amounts of food and enough places to hide. also the circular nature of the container meant that they were all going round in circles at the top perimeter and seemed to be slipping around too much in the condensation. My gut feeling was that this setup was not right.

I used the film canister containers with the lids cut out and pressed in over netting so one end is completely open to air, the other end with loads of holes punched in and a series of matchsticks inserted through holes inside to secure pieces of bark. I also cut little doors in the side which are taped down so that I do not have to open the main lid which I expect they will web up against.

Placed inside my large incubator this setup should give them adequate humidity but without the slippery condensation. I will squirt drops of water down the side of each so they have a constant supply.

This way I should be able to monitor their progress much better, as they are stil in the very tricky stage and I am not yet sure if they are doing well or not.
      See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

Working...
      X