more id help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more id help please

This week a friend found this spider in his living room. It is def not from the British spider taxon. We do know that its in the family Salticidae and we are thinking that is could be in the genus Phidippus, but we are not sure. we have no idea of country of origin. We do also know that it is an immature female atm measuring 3mm on the carapace. Here is a few pics; any ideas?

Attached Files

It looks like a little jumping spider Wesley? Is it? I think its real cute whatever it is.
    Can I have it?

Comment

it is a jumping spider.....we think a Phidippus sp cant find any id info on forign Salticids, a friend found it in his living room......he wont let me have it...lol

Comment

I've asked my mum to take off the ban on google so I can see if I can look it up, i will try when mum gets her butt into gear and lets me use google.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Howdle View Post
          I've asked my mum to take off the ban on google so I can see if I can look it up, i will try when mum gets her butt into gear and lets me use google.
          done that matey, looked up every genus of Salticidae there is we cant find a spider that looks like this one......the problem is that we dont know where it is from.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Howdle View Post

If she doesnt get her butt into gear Sonny you can have a look at these 2 websites about jumping spiders

http://www.salticidae.org/jsotw.html

Comment

Y'know, there are many many search engines out there besides google.

Just a few here:
              Answers you want. Content for days. What more could you Ask for?

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

HotBot, use the smarter search engine so you can find what you want on the web faster. HotBot Search helps you discover the world quickly and easily
              Last edited by KJ Vezino; 05-10-07, 12:25 PM.
              KJ Vezino
              Certified Arachnoholic
              My T Gallery
              Quest for Knowledge: All the T info links you need!
              "Have You Hugged Your Spiders Today?"

KJ’s Collection

Comment

Working...
              X