• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first aid kit

what do you keep handy encase you get bitten ,and poss have a reaction
    chris
    if you like my photos then post a repy.,
    it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
    tarantula newbie
    snakes for years

Neurofen, anti-hystamines and access to transport (to get you to the local A & E Department)!!!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

As far as i know there are no treatments for tarantula bites, so i only keep the usual medicine cabinet stuff like antiseptics, plasters, hayfever tablets (antihistamines) etc etc

Comment

thank you both
        found this little bit

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.
        chris
        if you like my photos then post a repy.,
        it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
        tarantula newbie
        snakes for years

Comment

Tarantulas are not normally aggressive spiders, which is why many people keep them as pets. But if you do get bitten by a tarantula, the wound will look and feel much like a bee sting. Here's how to treat it.
          They have obviously never seen someone who has been bitten by a pokey, blondie or one of the baboons have they ?

Meat tenderizer ? As most venoms are digestive enzimes, I definately wouldnt want to make my flesh more tenderized so the venom can disolve it any more than it is totally necessary

Comment

I keep a big pile of common sense and a good luck charm lmao.

Seriously though, my pal owns a pet shop & deals with dwa and T's, She found a tarantula & spider venom kit in boots the chemist! Sounds daft but reading it, sounds pretty interesting, I just rang her for the details of it but she is not very well due to new baby so will get more info on monday & post it on here.
            J x

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Howdle View Post
              I keep a big pile of common sense and a good luck charm lmao.

Seriously though, my pal owns a pet shop & deals with dwa and T's, She found a tarantula & spider venom kit in boots the chemist! Sounds daft but reading it, sounds pretty interesting, I just rang her for the details of it but she is not very well due to new baby so will get more info on monday & post it on here.
              J x
              as far as i know there are no members of the family Theraphosinae on the DWA. the only Mygalomorphs on the DWA are Atrax.

Comment

Originally posted by wesley flower View Post
                as far as i know there are no members of the family Theraphosinae on the DWA. the only Mygalomorphs on the DWA are Atrax.
                Theraphosinae is a subfamily of Theraphosidae Wes

My Collection:

Comment

first aid kit?
                  i never thought that far ahead lol
                  though i'm sick of the constant itching from urticating hairs...must be allergic to them! should start taking antihistamines more often
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                  My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                  X