A. versicolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. versicolor

My versicolor sling moulted last night, I mesured the skin and it was 1 1/2" so I'm guessing now its about2"(though looks a bit bigger)
    Anywho it's now too big for its pot. Is it big enough for an adult enclosure or should I get it a "teenage" setup?lol

i got some sort of "teenager" tubs from the pound shop for my slings! they were only about 85p, if i remember correctly. the only annoying thing was making holes in the sides, but if you're patient and do loads, it should be fine.
    i would personally think scaling the size of the enclosure up as they grow is probably best... but i may be wrong?
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I wasn't sure about stress and keep moving them about but also about them finding food...thats strange 85p from the pound shop, thats bad advertising lol. Do you have any pics?

Comment

lol i know, it didn't seem quite right! worse was the stuff that was more than a pound, though! lol

though i may be confused, it might've been a cheep DIY shot that's near the pound shop and oddly had competitive prices...

sorry i don't have a good camera...i'd need to borrow one.
        basically just got a .4 litre tall jar shaped one. i stuck a bit of fake plant and vermiculite in the jar and transferred the spider.
        a couple spiders tried to run for it, but most were well enough behaved.
        you might be able to put it's existing enclosure inside the new one, leave the lid off the smaller one and seal the bigger... then the spider can make its own mind up. i did that with my P. murinus slings! so far as i know, they're still sat in their little film pots! but now they have the option of more space, and the film pot, being opaque as they are, serve as decent hides til they grow some more.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

I think I will put the pot in a larger one then it can have more space if it wants.thanks

Now I have to go in search of a pot lol

Comment

at pound land 3in1 £1 .they are screw lids
            large is 5in wide, 7.5 in tall,
            med is 4.5in w x 6.5 tall
            small is 3.5x 5.5in tall
            chris
            if you like my photos then post a repy.,
            it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
            tarantula newbie
            snakes for years

Comment

Congratulations on a successful moult

If it helps, I have my larger avic slings in these

They are 7 inches tall, bought from ikea for £1.45 each. Totally clear so I can see everything.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Well i think I'll be off in search of a "teenage" pot for it. I like the idea of the clear pot but I knw I will never see it under all its webbing anyway lol.I will go in search of one at the weekend
                cheers

Comment

Hi Abi,

IF you want i will try to sex your skin for you?

I would take the lid of the old sling container and then put that in the container, and let the sling rehouse itself at its own time.

Dont look that good to start with but better than the spider not putting down any more silk.

Ray

Comment

yes I was going to put the pot it's in now in a bigger pot. Thanks for the offer on sexing but I already had a look but the skin is too messed up

Comment

Just put the A.versi in its new home, will this be ok, I think I need some foliage for it???

Comment

[quote=James Box;18444]the only annoying thing was making holes in the sides, but if you're patient and do loads, it should be fine.[quote]

I use a soldering iron, takes no time at all and is less messy than drilling! Just a suggestion!

Comment

i would also say fake greenery is for your eyes only! from my experience it only gives crickets somewhere extra to hide and most T's will uproot and rearrange anyway. i would say yours looks just fine!

Comment

[quote=Glen Feasey;18702][quote=James Box;18444]the only annoying thing was making holes in the sides, but if you're patient and do loads, it should be fine.

I use a soldering iron, takes no time at all and is less messy than drilling! Just a suggestion!
                            yeh, guess i should try that. might be less annoying, and less sharp edges!
                            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

[quote=James Box;18707][quote=Glen Feasey;18702]
                              Originally posted by James Box View Post
                              the only annoying thing was making holes in the sides, but if you're patient and do loads, it should be fine.

yeh, guess i should try that. might be less annoying, and less sharp edges!
                              I use the plastic soup containers from Asda or Morrisons for arboreal slings, and if you want to make holes easy simply heat a fork over your hob (if you have gas powered cooker that is) and presto, 4 holes per poke.

For larger holes in plastic enclosures I heat a srewdriver in he same fasion and melt holes.
                              All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Working...
                              X