my baboon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my baboon

hi there eveyone,me again.....a new addition to my collection has arrived i now have a juv orange starburst baboon,and although i already have a blondi and a cobalt blue which are renowned for their bad tempers this little horror is pure EVIL!!!,it rears up and strikes at the slightest disurbance including water,feeding well at the moment on small locusts.my question is as its spun a very large web in the top of the plastic container i bought it in am i right in thinking its going to be happier in an arboreal set up instead of a burrow?????,ive ordered a 12"x12"x12" tererium with opening front doors and am planning to have a large bit if tree for it to build a web on,like my pink toe was before her sad demise.any info on these Ts would be a help,,cheers everyone
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Hi Scott, P. murinus can be arborial; the problem is they can also be territorial or dig a burrow. It really depends on the individual spider. If you give him/her something to climb on and also 7-10cm of soil ideally as well, then your spider has the best of all worlds. However they are to a degree adaptable and they do (at least mine) like to make a lot of web. As for the aggression, if the spider has the right living conditions and food then if unstartled it should be ok. Mine (I only have one now, the other over-exerted himself while breeding) profer to be arborial but watch out for speed. I wouldn't say they are escapologists but they are curious and profer the night time as well.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

congrats on the acquisition! i think these are gorgeous spiders with interesting and feisty personalities!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

my baboon {clyde}

thanks for the replies,yep ive named it clyde as its very orange and i love clint eastwood films lol,anyways as for its home im waiting for delivery of the new tererium but i shall set it up with both a burrow and a log or something similar so my new T can decide where it wants to be,im not looking forward to trying to get the little bugger out though it really has got an attitude striking at anything so its going to be fun and games!!.thanks again everyone when i get the hang of posting on here i shall put some pics on of my Ts,its always nice to see someone elses spiders i think.
        all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

I have 3 P murinus RCF ranging from 2" slings to 5"SA and all except the larger one show arboreal tendencies, to which end they are kept in "best of both" enclosures.

The largest is happy using the cork bark hide I made the two small one have made their enlosures their own,

For mhy OBT enclosures I use a deep sub with a large piece of cork bark in the middle for webbing\climbing.
          All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Working...
          X