Cyriopagopus schoedtei problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyriopagopus schoedtei problems

i got two slings of this sp at the AES show.
    one is doing fine, but the other has just stopped moving. i believe it's alive due to the fact that it's not curled up. however, it really seems to be having a tough time. it's been motionless since Saturday, to my knowledge, although it may have changed position slightly or just slipped.
    i have a feeling it's a moult coming on, but it may be having problems.
    is there anything extra i can do besides leave it alone and keep it warm and moist?
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

its probably coming up to a moult iv got a Selenobrachys philippinus sling which moulted last week but it didnt move for the whole week previous to its moult i could even roll it over and it wouldnt move! then the other it had moulted and now is eating fine wizzing all over the place. Your Cyriopagopus schoedtei is probably just having a tough moult!

Comment

thanks! that's encouraging to know the situation is not unheard of, and that it may recover!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Hope things go well James. Cyriopagopus are spiders that fascinate me but as yet I've never kept one (hope to change this soon!) Do you know if they can be kept in groups or are they solitary spiders?
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I wouldn't keep them together Nicola, my female killed 4 of Simon G's males without ever mating, I certainly wouldn't trust 1 or more together.
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Thanks Mary, they seem to be worse than P. ornata!!

Comment

well i just checked the little one out, and it's dead. covered in mould by the looks of it.
              there was a horrid fly in there as well, guessing a phorid. chucked the lot in the freezer just now.
              GUTTED.
              was probably dead before, but the fact it hadn't curled up gave me false hope.
              Last edited by James Box; 16-10-07, 10:33 PM.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

My sympathies James. The only consolation (if there is one) is that the other is ok. Hope its a female and has loads of egg sacs for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                  Thanks Mary, they seem to be worse than P. ornata!!
                  Nicola, they are lol.
                  spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

thanks Nicola...i don't seem to be having great luck with Asian t's yet!
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

I've not had much luck either this past month but things will turn round. Last month I lost a Brachypelma, A Poecilotheria and this month a Euathlus. But things are starting to change. As long as they're humidity is right, they've got shade and the other essentials, there's little else you can do. I had a bit of a panic last night as well. Was locking up before bed and one of my Brachys jumped on her back! this morning I found this:

Hope things turn round for you soon.

Comment

i have a male if anyone wants him

Comment

Hi Wesley, if you mean my baumgarteni she is only about 10cm now so is possibly a moult (or two) away from breeding. Also I'm not 100% yet it is a she, I'm going to get that sorted out. However if you post on the bulletin board you should have no problem finding someone with a female. Also try Lee at the Spider Shop and see if he needs a male, or Dan Parker at the Tarantula Shop. They might be able to help or know someone who can. Good luck!
                          Last edited by Nicola Dolby; 17-10-07, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I've just had a look at the underside of the pedipalps and theres no embolus there so far.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                              Hi Wesley, if you mean my baumgarteni she is only about 10cm now so is possibly a moult (or two) away from breeding. Also I'm not 100% yet it is a she, I'm going to get that sorted out. However if you post on the bulletin board you should have no problem finding someone with a female. Also try Lee at the Spider Shop and see if he needs a male, or Dan Parker at the Tarantula Shop. They might be able to help or know someone who can. Good luck!
                              no a male C. schieodtei cant find anyone who wants him spoken to lee and dan, and put an add on bulletin board.

Comment

Working...
                              X